Good morning my friends, today i will try a special dinner cause I think to cook this at Christmas table for all my family , it’s easy and believe me is something different and delicious
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
350 gr. spinach
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour for all uses
1.4 cup hot milk
1/2 kg grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
5 large eggs at room temperature you have separated yolks from egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and butter a medium souffle pan.
2. Heat the oil in a medium pan.
3. Once it is burnt, add the onion, leave it for 3 minutes and as soon as the time has passed, add the spinach and leave it for two minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, allow to cool, strain to remove excess liquid and cut.
5. In another pan, melt the butter and add the flour.
6. Pour in the milk slowly, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer for two minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the cheese, mustard and pepper and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
8. Beat the egg whites until foamy and add 1/3 of the foam to the mixture.
9. Add the spinach, and then slowly the remaining 2/3 of the beaten egg whites.
10. Pour all the mixture into the mold and bake for one hour until the soufflé swells.
Enjoy this my friends
Stay safe and healthy and take care of your people , my best wishes from Greece