Akis petretzikis give us a tasty and easy alternative way to cook chicken with our favorite mashed potatoes , let’s take a look and explain how easy is this
* 1 onion
* 2 clove(s) of garlic
* 1 carrot
* 4-6 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
* 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
* 1 level tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
* 50 g red wine
* 400 g canned tomatoes
* 1 chicken bouillon cube
* 1 liter water
* 2-3 bay leaves
* 1 stick(s) cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon(s) allspice berries
* 1 chicken, in portions
* mashed potatoes
* feta cheese
* olive oil
* Place a pot over high heat and add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil.
* Cut the onion into thin slices, finely chop the garlic, cut the carrot into small cubes, and add them into the pot. Add thyme and mix until they caramelize.
* Add the tomato paste, sugar, and sauté.
* Deglaze the pot with the wine and as soon as it evaporates, add the canned tomatoes, bouillon cube, water, salt, pepper, bay leaves, cinnamon, and allspice. Lower the heat to medium, and simmer.
* Place a frying pan over high heat.
* Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and spread it on its surface.
* Transfer it to the frying pan with the skin side facing down, and sauté for 5-6 minutes until golden on both sides.
* Transfer the chicken into the pot with the sauce, cover with the lid, and simmer for 70-80 minutes.
* Serve with mashed potatoes, thyme, pepper, olive oil, and feta cheese.
You can find this recipe at akis petretzikis official website here : https://akispetretzikis.com/en/categories/kotopoylo-galopoyla/kotopoylo-kokkinisto
Stay safe and healthy my friends and continue using alternative recipes
Greetings from Greece