Basic Attention Token shares 70% of their ad revenues with their users. Simply download Brave browser, enable “Brave Ads” within the browser and get notified about ads to earn free BAT while surfing the web. You can also earn BAT by claiming random token. New token grants typically become available on a monthly basis. Users may claim token grants once every 30 days on a first-come-first-served basis. You can do so by downloading Brave and enabling “Brave Rewards” to be eligible for possible token grants. A notification will appear on the Rewards icon when a grant is available. Also, earn up to BAT for each referral. Basic Attention Token is already listed on Coinmarketcap.
HOW IT WORKS
Brave Rewards is built on the Basic Attention Token (BAT), a new way to value attention, connecting users, content creators, and advertisers.
When you join Brave Rewards, your browser will automatically start tallying (only on your device’s local storage) the attention you spend on sites you visit. Once a month, Brave Rewards will send the corresponding amount of BAT, divided up based on your attention, from your local browser-based wallet to the sites you’ve visited. You can remove sites you don’t want to support, and tip creators directly too.
All of this is anonymous: nobody (not even us here at Brave) can see who supported which sites. We can only count up the total support for each site and send the BAT their way. Content creators can use our partner Uphold to convert the BAT they earn into a currency of their choosing.
Where to get tokens
You can fund your wallet with a currency of your choice or earn tokens by viewing ads you’re in control of.
Brave Rewards goes beyond anonymously supporting your favorite content creators. Brave Ads are enabled by default in Brave Rewards, providing the ability to earn Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) every time you view an ad. Brave Ads are presented separately from your web content at a convenient time, and keep your personal details completely private and anonymous. They can show up in the form of system notifications or sponsored images on the new tab page.
You can control every aspect of Brave Ads — from the number of system notifications you’d like to see, to whether or not you want to hide sponsored images. You’ll earn 70% of the ad revenue that we receive from advertisers. In exchange for your attention, you’ll accumulate tokens as you browse. You can contribute these tokens to the sites you love — with more options coming later.
Guide: Earn free BAT while surfing the web:
- Download and install Brave browser on your desktop device. Brave Ads will be integrated in Android and iOS apps in the coming months.
- Start Brave browser and click on the BAT triangle logo next to the address bar.
- A popup will occur where you enable rewards by clicking on “Join Rewards”.
- Now navigate to your reward settings from the popup or by typing “brave://rewards/” and make sure “Brave Ads” toggle is turned on.
- From now on you will be presented with offers in form of notifications at a time that the browser finds appropriate and not disruptive.
- Simply engage with these notifications, view the ads and you will earn 70% revenue share from the viewed ad, while Brave only receives the remaining 30%.
- At the close of the Brave Rewards monthly cycle, you can claim your accumulated tokens. The BAT can be automatically donated on a monthly basis to your most visited sites, or used to tip favorite content creators or friends. Soon, you will also be able to use BAT for premium content, as well as redeem it for real-world rewards such as hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, and gift cards. Brave is also working on an option to let users withdraw BAT from their wallets for personal use, converting their BAT to a local fiat currency through exchange partners.
- Please note that Brave Ads are geo-restricted to the following countries: US, UK, Canada, Germany and France. More geographies will be available soon.