I already been on Hive platforms for few months without actually bought their tokens.
You now probably humming, why I don't buy their tokens? Well, it's just because I still unsure about what it is on the first time. (although till this day I won't pay extras for these decentralized social media game lol) 😂
Recalled the first day I starting to use this HIVE platform, I got my first RFC ERROR.
"omg I got my first RFC ERROR!!!!" what is RFC???!
Then I read the text carefully and apparently it tell me something like Please wait to transact or power up with some numerical codes.
They halted me posting, and I need to buy their token to get more bandwidth.
Is it the taste of decentralization? the taste of capitalism got me strong here.
All content I read there just some lengthy text and people taking a photo of their garden, food, protest, and other life rumblings. Some post some articles too. Some post SEO madness.
I like shitpost, so that's what I do there. Absolute nonsense. But, let's jump straight to the main stuff that I want to tell you in the first place, calculations of HIVE resource usage limits!
To see your bandwidth, there's RC (Resource Credits) indicator somewhere on the app.
Since the day-one I start using HIVE, I started calculating my resource usage. Total pain experience because it's totally limiting!! and moreover my RC draining so fast, but regenerates slowly.
Although your limitations are measured by server's traffic and HIVE power you got, to let you see the big picture, lemme share my calculations for you:
Your initial RC is 100% after you register Hive account.
- Publishing a post would consume less or more than 35% of your RC
- Reblogging a post would consume less or more than 35% of your RC
- Editing a published post would consume less or more than 35% of your RC
- Deleting a published post would consume less or more than 35% of your RC
- Deleting a draft post would consume less than 0.01% of your RC
- Saving a post as draft would consume less than 0.01% of your RC
- Editing a post as draft would consume less than 0.01% of your RC
- Upvoting/Downvoting would consume more less than 1.5% of your RC
- Commenting would consume more or less than 23% of your RC
- Editing a comment would consume more or less than 23% of your RC
- Deleting a comment would consume more or less than 23% of your RC
- Following/Unfollowing would consume more or less than 5.2% of your RC
- Browsing would consume less than 0.01% of your RC
You'll got more or less than 0.01% for free per minute with new account.
So, yeah- That's it!
Not so bad, especially it's free and you can level up (and earn some cute pennies) by getting upvotes from posting stuffs. Im above level 40 Rn, and it's not that limiting than the first time.
Come join HIVE! oh- and I write tutorial about it too: https://www.publish0x.com/itspapaputra/my-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-register-free-hive-account-w-xkmrgr
See you on my next post 👋