I presented an idea in my last post (https://www.publish0x.com/hashcash/a-radical-idea-to-increase-crypto-adoption-xjljp). Now the question is 'why would this idea work? So in this post I will try to present the reasons why this idea can work.
The important thing to remember is that the onus of convincing other projects to join would have to be on the umbrella platform. These projects have to be vetted and brought under the microscope before they can be added. We would have to absolutely avoid those dying projects that want to come in so that they can get a fresh start.
We need successful projects for this idea to work and although it would be difficult to convince them initially but in will be the reason for the success of this idea. Some of the reasons that they might want to join do would be:
1. They are small and being part of a larger group gives their project exposure to a much larger user base that is already with the main umbrella platform.
2. The more number of group that join, the bigger the user base becomes and it keeps growing thus providing newer projects with more and more incentives to join in.
3. Having a single coin to deal with simplifies a lot for the people. I feel that it could provide an instant opportunity for those who want to enter the crypto space but feel that its too complicated for them.
4. Then there is the fact that this larger platform would become the one stop shop for every need.
5. Being under a single umbrella but to still maintain individual diversity is a challenge for sure. But once we succeed at that the crypto community resources would be focused on making this one project succeed rather than bickering amongst themselves like right now.
….. more to follow
(Photo of cover art by pina messina on Unsplash)