DuckDice is a provably fair dice site established in the end of 2016. DuckDice is a traditional Bitcoin dice site, meaning that it has only few games with quite basic graphical content. You can play with 12 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash, Monero (XMR), Ripple (XRP), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Stellar (XLM) and Zcash (XZC).
DuckDice started with only one game (dice), but in February 2019 there is a total of 3 games: dice, lottery and sniper. DuckDice offers a lot of different silly promotions and bonuses, like Duck Hunt Interactive Game (more on that later), Rain and daily wagering contests.
You can register via this affiliate link.
This is how the DuckDice tutorial looks like. There is also a dark version available.
1. General overview
DuckDice.io is a provably fair Bitcoin and cryptocurrency dice site established in the end of 2016. The site has a valid casino license from Curacao, which is not the strongest of type, but better than nothing anyway. DuckDice started with only one game (dice), but in February 2019 there is a total of 3 games: dice, lottery and sniper. All games are provably fair.
Recently DuckDice opened also a forum to their site. This is a very good addition and adds some trust to the DuckDice crew. You can talk about promotions, bonuses, games and ask for support in the forum also if you like.
There is also a discussion forum. You can talk about bonuses, promotions, games and ask for support if needed.
Recently DuckDice added more withdrawal options. Of course you can withdraw with all cryptocurrencies, but now the withdrawals are possible with credit cards, Qiwi, Yandex or Phone (Beeline, Megafon, MTS or Tele2).
The site offers a very good tutorial when you go to the site for the first time.
DuckDice offers a lot of different promotions and bonuses, like Duck Hunt Interactive Game, Bitcoin Faucet, Rain and daily wagering contests.
Social media accounts:
Casino in cryptocurrency forums: BitcoinTalk.org
Cryptocurrencies supported (deposits): 12
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Dash (DASH)
- Monero (XMR)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Dash (DASH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Zcash (ZEC)
Withdrawals: All cryptocurrencies supported. Withdrawals possible also with credit cards, Qiwi, Yandex or Phone (Beeline, Megafon, MTS or Tele2)
Casino games: 6 provably fair games: dice, lottery and sniper
Casino software: In-house made game
Bonus codes: No DuckDice bonus codes are needed to get the bonuses
Provably fair games: All games are provably fair
Languages: English (help pages also in Russian)
Mobile casino: Yes, responsive design that works in mobile devices
DuckDice is provably fair gambling site and there is a quite informative sub page called “fair” where this is cleared out. The randomness is created with a combination from so called server seed and client seed and nonce.
Server seed is provided by the casino and Client seed is provided by you (or your browser) and it is not known by the casino site.
Nonce is a random number. The random roll is then created with a calculation from these seeds and the fairness of the event can be verified after the bet. There is also an online bet verifier for DuckDice, where you can check the bet fairness if you like.
Low house edge and fast transactions
Also the house edge is only 1%, which is considered very low. Usually the house edge is somewhere in the 5% range in online casinos and even 10-15% in brick-and-mortar casinos. Low house edge increases your possible winnings in the long time and is always a nice plus.
In general DuckDice feels like a very fun small casino with humorous bonuses and active community. If you want some quick Bitcoin dice fun with not too much eye-candy, Duck Dice could be a good choice for you. Cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals are almost instant depending on the cryptocurrency network traffic. I tested the casino with a 0.035 LTC deposit. Almost instantly in under 15 seconds there was a notification of the deposit in DuckDice. After 2 confirmation the deposit was playable, this time it took some 5 minutes.
The amount of blockchain confirmations needed depends on the currency and the deposit amount, but this time 2 was enough.
DuckDice.io brings you quite many special bonuses. I explain some of them in this article, but for the others I suggest you go directly to the site.
Here is a collection of few DuckDice bonuses available.
Duck Hunt interactive game
The duck will appear flying over a game screen in the random direction and in the random time. The duck will appear only for users with an open chat. In order to win free coins player have to shoot the duck (click on the duck).
The prize for a shot duck is 0.00001 BTC. This is the first time i see a Duck Hunt game on an online casino. it seems strange at first, but it's a lot of fun!
Dice Progressive Jackpot
The progressive jackpot is a jackpot which increases each time the game is played but the jackpot is not won.
When the progressive jackpot is won, the jackpot for the next play is reset to the base value which is 0.25 BTC. To win the jackpot you must hit the roll 7777 and the last symbol of your ID bet must be 7 i.e: xxxxxxxxx7. Your bet size also affects the jackpot size.
Lucky Bet bonus
Lucky Bet bonus is periodically held to let the ducklings (players) earn some extra coins betting with the certain bet chance and amount. The winners will be chosen according to their bet numbers.
Very interesting option that is not often found in casinos. In order to claim the Faucet, you have to not lose tic-tac-toe game against a computer or real player. You will have three attempts. The Faucet is a feature that gives free coins for trying the game. The Faucet amount depends on your level, ranging from 0 ducks (Faucet 0.0000015 BTC) to 5 ducks (0.000035 BTC).
There are daily wagering contests where the 15 most wagering ducklings (players) receive a reward. When writing this, the biggest wagerer gets a prize of 0.0045 BTC going down to 0.000015 BTC to the 15th best wagerer.
Rain is a bonus which is awarded to the most active writers in the chat. In this bonus the algorithm picks random members from the chat, the more messages you have sent – the higher the probability to get under the bad weather. And here the bad weather means money.
But even if you only have sent one message, you can still receive rain.
3. Bonus codes
No DuckDice bonus code is needed to get benefit of the different bonuses.
4. Free spins
At the moment DuckDice doesn’t offer any free spins.
5. Casino games
DuckDice offers three provably fair games: dice, lottery and sniper. This is usual to the classic Bitcoin dice sites, which usually only have one or just few games.
The graphical content in dice is quite inferior compared to the more flashier online casinos, but gameplay works fast. Also the idea of the dice game is simple to grasp when playing the first time because of the excellent tutorial.
DuckDice provably fair dice game. This color theme is the light blue version and there is also a dark version available.
How the dice gameplay works:
- Guess the random number from 0 to 9999 (using the win chance or payout typing boxes)
- Pick one: LOW – if you think the next roll will be smaller than the target number, displayed on the field
- HIGH – if you think the next roll will be greater than the target number.
- Choose bet amount
- You can see the win chance in %. The target number depends on the chance you choose. The lower the chance, the higher the payout. Manipulate these values to adjust your risks
- If you choose for instance 50% win chance, your payout will be 1.98 times the bet. So if you guess if the random number is over or under 5000, you win
- With a 10% win chance you will get a 9.9 times payout. This means if the number is for example under 1000, you win
- Hit ROLL to start playing
- You can also choose Auto mode or manual mode: Auto Mode is for advanced players. It allows you enable thousands bets in one click. Set AUTO and relax.
There is also an autoplay feature, with different settings ranging from maximum losses to maximum gain.
DuckDice Daily Lottery runs every day about 15:00 UTC. Tickets sale stops at 14:50 UTC. The lottery draw runs at 15:00 UTC.
Ducklings (as DuckDice calls the players) can buy an unlimited quantity of tickets choosing numbers manually or automatically using random generation. There are 3 tiers of winners, which split their part of Bankroll:
- All ducklings with 5 matching numbers share 50% of Bankroll
- All ducklings with 4 matching numbers share 30% of Bankroll
- All ducklings with 3 matching numbers share 20% of Bankroll
DuckDice takes only 10% fee from ticket sales, which sounds quite big. But compared to many national lotteries, where the fees are even 50-60%, this is a very low fee! Return rates in national lotteries are usually around 40-50%.
This is the new provably fair Lottery game from DuckDice.
You can find Sniper game from the crosshair symbol at DuckDice site, on top right.
Sniper is a game where you can play with other Ducklings (players). The rules are as followed:
- If you want to create a new game, pick a contribution (in BTC) and choose a roll (for example 2650)
- Choose a time when the game starts (for example in 10 minutes)
- Roll the dice and the nearest roll to the target wins the whole pot! (minus the house edge)
6. Restricted countries
Restricted countries in DuckDice casino are: Netherlands, Dutch Caribbean Islands, Curacao, France, United States and/or any other restricted by law country or state
7. Terms and conditions
Here are the most important withdrawal terms. Please read the full terms from the DuckDice website.
- Minimum withdrawal amounts are (rounded numbers): 0.002 BTC, 0.064 ETH, 0.25 LTC, 3,3k DOGE, 0.08 DASH, 0.03 BCH, 0.12 XMR, 28.5 XRP, 1.4 ETC and 0.5 BTG;
- There are very small withdrawal fees, about 0.000028 BTC or 0.00015 ETH. Full list can be seen in the DuckDice FAQ.
- It is forbidden: to deposit and withdraw Cryptocurrency without making actual bets, to withdraw winnings made from Faucet, to make a deposit in order to reach minimum withdrawal amount;
- In some cases, withdrawal on a user’s account has to be manually confirmed by DuckDice staff. The site reserves the right to do this and as a result, those Withdrawals can take up to a few days (DuckDice doesn’t what are the conditions to this manual approval).
DuckDice is a provably fair dice site established in the end of 2016. It is a traditional Bitcoin dice site, meaning that it has only few games with quite basic graphical content. Anyway the gameplay is really fast and easy to understand for the first time. You can play with 12 cryptocurrencies. DuckDice offers a lot of different promotions and bonuses, like Duck Hunt Interactive Game (more on that later), Lucky Bet bonus and many wagering contests.
DuckDice also has a discussion forum in the site. In this area users can discuss and interact with each other, and this is good.
In conclusion, I really liked both the graphics and the fun that this site has to offer, despite the limited amount of games offered. the faucet function also allows you to try your luck without depositing anything.
If you are looking for a quick fun with low house edge, DuckDice is your choice!
DuckDice – Pros
- Fast and simple gameplay with good tutorial
- Fast deposits and 12 cryptocurrencies supported
- Extensive autoplay settings
- Lots of funny bonus promotions and games
- Very active community and chat in the site
- Low 1% house edge
- Dark mode
DuckDice – Cons
- Only 3 games to choose from
- Quite inferior graphical content
- The casino reserves the right to shut down and retain the cryptocurrencies from accounts that have been inactive for 6 months – so don’t forget your coins to DuckDice for a long time!
- The initial loading of the website is slow
- No slot or live casino