Beef Pot kebab is very favorite to many kebab fans. Sometimes there are no tools available to make barbecue in house. I mean barbecue makers or coal stoves are usually not available at hand. But can we stop eating barbecue? The pot kebab has the same taste. This kebab is very good with fried rice or bread. So let's try this.
Let see a brief info about the recipe first:
- Preparation Time: 30min
- Cook Time: 1h 30min
- Ready Time: 1h 30min
- Yield: 1 Pot
- Servings: 6 to 8 Persons
- Cuisine: Turkey
Now let's start the main part of the recipe.
List of the Ingredients:
- Beef without bone - 1 kg
- Sour yogurt - 1 cup
- Onion paste - 1 cup
- Onion chopped - 2 tablespoons (for crispy fry)
- Garlic paste - 2 table spoons
- Ginger paste - 1 table spoon
- Green chili paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jayatri Paste - 1/4 teaspoon (Optional)
- Nutmeg paste - 1/4 teaspoon (Optional)
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red pepper powder - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder (powdered after fried) - 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili - 2 (Optional)
- Sugar - 1 tea spoon (according to taste)
- Vinegar (or lemon juice) - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 cup
- Indian Bay leaves - 2 pieces
- Cardamom - 3 pieces
- Cinnamon - 4 pieces
- Clove - 4 or 5 pieces
- Salt - As taste
Steps of the recipe:
Wash the beef and remove the water. Now take a bowl. Mix all the ingredients and spices (except full green chili and vinegar) with beef and for marinate it.
When the spices are well mixed, add Vinegar (or lemon juice).
Keep it in normal refrigerator for at least 2 hours (better if kept for 5-6 hours) (Do not use deep freeze).
Now take half cup of oil in a pot and fry the chopped onion until it looks brown and crispy.
Keep half of the crispy fried onion for sprinkle on kebab after cooking.
Now put the marinated meat on the rest of the oil in and and squeeze a little. After a few minutes, add green chili and a little water.
After mixing it properly, put a lid and reduce the heat of the stove. Meat will be cooked in this condition.
Occasionally, you will pull the lid out and squeeze the meat. Once the water is dry and meat is boiled, then sprinkle the half of crispy fried onions you was keep before. Keep the pot cover with lid for little time.
After a while, when the oil comes on the meat, keep the kebab pot down from the stove. The pot kebab of is ready.
Thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned.