In this post, we are going to discuss the most common points that helps maximize the amount of tips you get for each post.
- Short and catchy title. We can call this the selling point of your thread. Having a catchy title would draw more readers attention to know what you have to say.
- Short and to the point. Your readers want to spend the less amount of time possible to and get the most value from your post. This might be not possible when you have too many things to cover. But, you would expect that some reader want to skim the thread and read what is important to them which leads us to the second point.
- Use bullet points.
- Graphics. Make sure that your images in the post are the same size. I have already wrote a whole thread on Finding The Best Free Images For Your Blog.
- Images (few or many). This all depends on the type of thread. For instance, if you are writing a How-to article. It would be a great to add a screenshot for each step.
- Well organized. Try to be coherent when moving from a point to another. You can use Bold, Italics or Underlined texts to draw attention to what you believe is important.
- Hyperlinks. Some readers may want to know more about a certain topic or author. They would appreciate you spending the time to provide that through your topic. In addition, you might be linking other articles to increase your chances of being followed and getting the tip from the reader on either topic.
- 24 Hours. Given the fact that the reader cannot spam the tips as there is a counter that runs between each tip. It is a good idea to have at least 24 hours between each thread. So, your followers have the chance to tip each post individually if they find it useful.
Let me know if you think that is more to add to that in the comment section below.