What is Stellar Lumens (XLM)?
Stellar is an open-source, decentralized protocol to fiat currency transfers for a digital currency that enables for cross-border transactions between any currency pair.
The Stellar Development Foundation is airdropping a total of 2 billion lumens (currently around $121 million) to eligible keybase accounts over the next 20 months. For eligible for the airdrop you must have a Keybase account( registered before the airdrop announcement ). OR if you are new to Keybase you must to connect a GitHub or HackerNews account that was registered prior to the airdrop announcement too.
Approximately 300,000 Keybase users have already received 100 million Lumens (value ~$6 million USD) in the First Airdrop. On the 15th of each month, starting Oct 15, 2019, upcoming airdrops will be distributed equally among all qualified participants.
- If you have already registered a Keybase account before this announcement, activate your Stellar wallet to claim XLM's ~$20 worth that has already been airdropped to eligible Keybase accounts.
- If you are a new user, download the Keybase app, sign up, connect your Keybase account to a previously registered GitHub or HackerNews account and activate your Stellar wallet to be eligible for the next monthly airdrop rounds.
- If you are a qualified user, Free XLM will automatically be added to your Stellar wallet on the 15th of each month.
- All participants will be shared equally the total airdrop value of each round.
- For more information on this airdrop, see the official Keybase announcement and Stellar announcement posts.
- You can also participate in monthly staking airdrops if you own 10 XLM or more by simply holding XLM in your Binance wallet. See this article for more details on the Binance staking airdrops.
- You Can Join only one time this airdrop.
- Unclaimed XLM from inactive wallets will be transferred within approximately 6 months to the Stellar Development Foundation.