Summer is approaching and the time has come for many of us to start thinking about where to go on vacation. for many enthusiastic cryptocasters it can sometimes be a nightmare to try to spend their coins to book hotels, flights... cryptographic payments simplify life, make payment fast and practically tax-free, especially with bitcoin cash, which is a quick and cheap way to pay for anything. However, one must be able to identify the right and most reliable services.
The following guide therefore tries to show how to travel the world using Bitcoin Cash.
How to book using Bitcoin Cash
Many things have changed since the early days of Bitcoin, where it represented a speculative subject, and now there are many more places and ways to spend your cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies have yet to achieve mainstream adoption in many sectors, but the travel industry has already proven to be quite hospitable to cryptocurrency owners, and it is precisely from this premise that this guide was born.
A lot of travel sites now take major coins including Bitcoin Cash for booking flights, hotels and car rentals.
Which one to choose?
1. Cheapair is the first major online travel agency to process crypto payments after it started accepting bitcoin back in 2013, initially for flights and soon after that for accommodation as well. The U.S.-based platform acts as an intermediary between the providers of these services which are paid in fiat and clients who would like to pay with cryptocurrency. In response to customer demand, Cheapair added Bitcoin Cash to its payment options some years ago, to make transactions more efficient than Bitcoin core.
2. Bitcoin.Travel is another well-known platform which accepts payments in seven cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin Cash. On its website, you can search for flights, hotels and car rentals offered by its partners. Crypto payments are made on confirmation but the funds are transferred to the service provider at least a day after you check in. Payouts are made in cryptocurrency which means the participating businesses accept coins. According to the Polish agency, you can currently book rentals, tours or other activities using your favorite cryptocurrency. Note, however, that trying to book a flight usually redirects you to a partner that may not support crypto payments.
3. To make sure that bitcoin cash supporters will have the opportunity to arrange their trip using Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin.com recently teamed up with Travala, a leading blockchain booking platform. The agency offers savings up to 40% on hotel bookings and accepts cryptocurrencies including bitcoin cash. With over 82,000 destinations in 210 countries, Travala is a global platform and bitcoin cash holders will now be able to choose from almost 600,000 property listings for their next holiday, directly from their Bitcoin.com Wallet.
4. Destinia is another option if you are looking to spend your bitcoin cash on traveling. The platform is available in over 30 languages and maintains a search engine similar to any other travel agency, only the services it facilitates can be paid with cryptocurrency. Note, however, that prices are displayed in mBitcoin Cash. Beside hotels, flights and cars, you can also pay for train tickets, which is a welcome addition. Railway companies in most countries are yet to integrate crypto payments but Destinia has already made this transport option available to cryptocurrency users. It currently sells tickets for the railway systems of a dozen nations including major tourist destinations such as Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the United Kingdom, Canada and the U.S.
5. Corporate Traveller is a U.K.-based business travel management platform. Like Destinia, this agency provides rail transportation options along with flights, car hire and accommodation. Not long ago, Corporate Traveller began accepting bitcoin cash payments from companies making travel arrangements for their employees. If you contact them, their consultants will be able to offer you help and fares you can pay with Bitcoin Cash thanks to a partnership with Bitpay.
6. Airtreks is another booking platform that works with the same crypto payments provider. It lets you explore global routes with multi-stop international flights and helps you prepare your long itinerary with its Tripplanner feature. Its website currently advertises around the world specials such as “The Grand Escape” or “Circle the Globe".
7. Other companies in the industry accepting cryptocurrency payments through Bitpay include the Latvian national carrier Airbaltic and the German travel sites Fluege and Nurflug. You can also think about using gift cards that you can use on the more traditional travel sites.
The Bitcoin Cash Map
Once you reach your destination, you may want to find places where you can easily spend more of your bitcoin cash. One useful application that will help you to locate brick and mortar stores which allow you to pay with Bitcoin Cash is Marco Coino. It’s been developed for both iOS and Android devices and it has an online version as well. If you run a business taking Bitcoin Cash or you happen to find one that’s not listed yet, you can easily add a new store to the Marco Coino map.
An alternative platform showing locations where you can pay directly with Bitcoin Cash is Bitcoinmap.cash.
In a series of upcoming articles, we will investigate both the use of other cryptocurrencies and how to spend our Bitcoin Cash.
if you know other sites, write in the comments and I'll add them!