Cooking With Benoit is baking the great and iconic Tartiflette from Savoie, in France, which is a typical dish from the French Alps. Enjoy and bon appétit !
- 2 1/2 lb (1 Kilo) cooked potatoes, peeled
- 50 grams (1 Tbl) butter
- 1/2 lb slab diced bacon, (400 grams lardons)
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- Sour cream - 3/4 cup (20 cl)
- 3/4 cup (20 cl) dry white wine from Savoie
- Salt, pepper, ground Nutmeg (pinch)
- 1 lb (full round 1/2 kilo) raw milk Reblochon cheese sliced in two horizontally.
- Preheat oven at 375 F (200 C).
- Cook Potatoes in salty simmering water for 20-30 min.
- Melt butter in pan and add sliced onions and lardons until done.
- Remove cooked potatoes and peel in a pot of cold water to protect your hands.
- Slice potatoes and place one layer in baking pan 9X13
- Second layer of onion and lardon mix.
- Third layer sliced potatoes
- Fourth layer pepper, pour on white wine followed by a thin layer of sour cream.
- Fifth layer 2 halves of Reblochon cheese open side down (crust up)
- Bake for 20 min at 375 F (200 C) and then grill for 5 extra minutes.
- Serve with remaining chilled wine from Savoie and green salad.
MY BIZ STUFF
Visit our Travel J'adore website to check on our short term rentals in France, Ireland, New Zealand and America : https://www.traveljadore.com/home
Visit our "made in Ireland" online shopping website : https://www.madeineireland.store
Please consider helping the channel grow with :
- #Monero (XMR)
- #Bitcoin (BTC)
Many thanks to for your interest.