"...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..."
I am sure many of you might be familar with that quote. It is from a very popular bible story where a woman was caught in the very act of adultery. Depravity is nothing new and the question should be how do we manage it?
I am 99% sure that we all have vices that we struggle with. Rather it's Madonna, J. Cole, or Hannah Montana - Nobody's Perfect. Since nobody is perfect, how good is good enough? How does one successfully navigate life's mine field and avoid blowing off a leg?
Enter Depravity Management
Just as we manage our finances, our health, our friendship8s and relationships, so must we manage the vices in our lives. This is no easy accomplishment but it can be done. I'd recommend the following:
- Make True Friends. I am convinced that the reason some of us do the things we do, is because we feel alone. Surround yourself with people you admire, people that care for you and about you, people that you can invest in.
- Ask questions. Is this the wise thing to do. It's not about being wrong or right but being wise. How will others be better off by the decision you are making?
- Be open to accountability. Find someone you can trust to give you sound advice on the decisions you make.
- Own It. Admit you were wrong. When we acknowledge our failures, it allows us to course correct.
- Commit to do no harm. Our actions have effects on those around us. Ensure your actions are not hurting others.
While this is not an exhaustive list, I do believe if everyone that reads this, dedicate themselves to getting better - maybe just maybe - the world will become a brighter place. When we manage and lead ourselves well - everyone wins!