I recently had the chance to discuss BlockBase with Ricardo Schiller who is the lead architect of the project and Diogo Bulha who is the lead developer. They just released a sandbox and are on their testnet. We talk about what Blockbase is about and where they plan to go in 2020 and beyond.
BlockBase uses blockchain technology to provide secure and distributed database storage services. It stores database operations on sidechains to the EOS main chain, which are governed through smart contracts on EOS. It works in 4 steps: request your sidechain, get worldwide providers, providers are selected, and your service is ready.
These are some of the questions we went over:
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourselves? – 0:28
- Can you give us a brief introduction to BlockBase? – 2:13
- What problem does BlockBase solve? – 9:40
- How did BlockBase get its name and what was the original idea or motivation to start it? – 14:15
- What are the next big updates for BlockBase to release soon or that are in the works? – 17:30
- Where does BlockBase fit in with other existing similar projects? – 18:53
- Where do you see BlockBase going in the next year? The next 5 years? – 19:47
- So where can everyone go to learn more about this? – 25:12
Check out https://www.blockbase.network/ for more information and to learn more about what they have to offer.
Let me know what you think about this in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe!