Being kind to others boost your serotonin, (the neurotransmitter responsible for feeling of satisfaction and well-being). It leads to many good things like great relationship to others, improved self-esteem, compassion, happiness, future success, and good mental and physical health.
Isn't all that we need for a better world?
Kindness provides many benefits to a human being, let us see what are those:
1. REMEDY FOR ANXIETY. Being nice to others can be one of the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to heal anxiety. It helps you calm your mood and takes focus off yourself.
2. PRODUCES A CONTAGIOUS SMILE. Being kind make others happy, and when you see someone happy for being grateful with your acts, it makes you flatter as well. Neuroscience proposes that seeing someone else show an emotion automatically activates the same areas of the brain as if we experienced that emotion for ourselves.
3. REMEDY FOR THE HEART. Kind act to others can affect the actual chemical balance of your heart. Kindness sets free the hormone oxytocin, which causes the release of a chemical called nitric oxide in blood vessels. Oxytocin is known as a cardioprotective (serving to protect the heart) hormone as it reduces blood pressure.
4. REDUCE STRESS. In our everyday lives, we often encounter some sort of stress factors. For us to cope and overcome stressful situations, an act of kindness to others reduces stress for it allows you to pay less attention to yourself and your problem. Then, the appreciation shown by the person receiving the act of kindness is a plus factor.
5. OPENS A DOOR TO NEW FRIENDSHIP. The effect of a kind act might have change a person's perception for the better. You may develop a social connection with someone.
6. GIVES YOU A KIND IDENTITY. In recent study, children in their first year of secondary school recognizer how being kind can make you feel " better as person more complete", leading to feelings of joy and happiness. This effect is even more powerful when the kind act links with other aspects of our personality such as an animal-lover, rescuing an animal or compassionate person donating to the poor.
7. KINDNESS COMES BACK TO YOU. Someone might remember that you helped them out before and therefore will be more likely to help you when you need it most.
"Gentle words bring life and health,a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit " PROVERBS 15:4
Showing unconditional kindness is one of the most fundamental aspects of being a human. It doesn't require any religion, status in life, gender or where you came from, it's just simply being human. If there's one mandate that we should follow, it is this " be kind, because everyone you meet is likely to be fighting a hard battle".
There are no side - effects to being kind! Only added benefits and you do not need a prescription for it.