A fire broke out at a private hospice called the "Second House" in Krasnogorsk, Russia, on the outskirts of Moscow, resulting in at least 9 deaths and several injuries. According to Russian local media, six of the elderly residents are in serious condition, and those who perished in the fire were aged between 66 and 90, dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to emergency services, the fire was put out in about an hour, and an electrical fault is suspected to have caused the fire. 37 people were inside the building when the fire started, and while the fire was not large, staff were unable to carry out all of he residents.
Currently, the director of the hospice has been detained for questioning. A criminal case has been opened as Second House allegedly failed to meet all safety requirements.