What is WanBridge?
WanBridge is the browser based interface for Wanchain cross-chain transactions between Wanchain and Ethereum. With WanBridge, you no longer need to download and install the WanChain desktop light wallet. Simply go to the WanBridge website and make sure you have the WanMask and MetaMask browser extension wallets installed. WanBridge currently officially supports only Google Chrome, but other browser which run Chrome extensions may also work.
1. Step One
After opening the page, click the “Enter” button to enter the next page.
2. Select Asset
On the next page, find the type of asset you want to convert, and click the “Convert” button on the right to start the cross-chain operation.
Use the filter box in the upper right corner to filter asset types.
Let’s take “ Wanchain <-> Ethereum” as an example.
3. connect wallet
3.1 Connect WanMask
If you have not installed the WanMask wallet plug-in, install it from here.
Then click “Add to Chrome” to start the installation.
If you are not familiar with WanMask, you can check the WanMask tutorial.
Click the Connect WanMask button;
3.2 Connect to MetaMask wallet
If you do not have MetaMask, get it here.
Then click “Add to Chrome” to start the installation;
Click the Connect MetaMask button.
4. Convert operation
After the two wallets are connected, you begin converting assets. At this time, the page displays the asset type and conversion direction you selected, as well as the addresses you selected.
- On the “Convert” page, you can re-select the asset type, or click the arrow in the middle to change the Conversion direction.
- The Storeman Group can be selected according to the quota (remaining amount of cross-chain asset allowance).
- Choose your sending address and receiving address.
- Enter the amount you want to convert, and then click “Confirm”.
- Check your cross-chain transaction information again, click the “Start” or “Approve” button after confirming that it is correct ;
(If this is the first transaction for this asset, you need to authorize first. After authorization is successful, click the “Start” button)
- At this time, it will connect to the sender’s wallet, WanMask or MetaMask will pop up for you to authorize the transaction.
- After the authorization is confirmed, the cross-chain transaction has been submitted to the chain. At this time, you only need to wait for a while, and the cross-chain assets will arrive in your account soon.
- In the upper right corner of the interface, you can open the message center and the wallet connection.
- Click on a message to view transaction details.
5. view cross-chain assets
5.1 Add Cross-chain Assets in MetaMask
- At the bottom of Assets, click “Add Token”
- Select the “Custom Token” tab and enter the address corresponding to the WAN in the “Token Contact Address” field
- After the token symbol “WAN” is displayed, click “Next”, and then click “Add Tokens”;
- Return to the Assets, you can see the WAN just added and its balance
wanToken Ethereum Smart Contract Addresses:
5.2 Add Cross-chain Assets in MetaMask
- Open WanMask and click “Add Token” at the bottom of the Assets section
- Select the “Search” tab and enter the token name in the search box
- Select the token in the search results, click “Next”, and then click “Add Tokens”
- Return to the Assets, you can see the tokens just added and their balance
Wanchain is the infrastructure connecting the decentralized financial world. Wanchain’s live cross-blockchain solution is EVM-based, includes optional private transactions, and provides a decentralized, permissionless, and secure approach for interoperability. Wanchain has employees globally with teams in China, the USA, and other team members around the world in Asia, Africa, and Europe.
SVP at Wanchain Foundation