Welcome to the first post about Barcelona from "Visit Barcelona". If you are planning a trip to Barcelona, or you are just curious about this amazing city, here you have some facts and interesting information that will help you when visiting the city:
- Barcelona is a city at the coast of northeastern Spain. It is the capital and biggest town of the self sustaining community of Catalonia, in addition to the second one maximum populous municipality of Spain. With a populace of 1.6 million inside town limits, its city place extends to severa neighbouring municipalities inside the Province of Barcelona and is domestic to round 4.8 million people, making it the 5th maximum populous city place in the European Union.
- It is the cradle of “Modernisme”, an art and literature movement associated with the search of a new entitlement of Catalan culture. The most recognized monument is the “Sagrada Familia”, but you can find a lot of interesting places like Arc de Triomf, Parc de la Ciutadella or Palau de la Música, among others. If you are interested in art and culture, this will be, without a doubt, your favorite part of the visit.
- Barcelona is a Mediterranean city where you will find good weather, nice food and incredible people. The best way to discover the city is to “get lost” walking through the streets and small squares. Just stop in a terrace when you are thirsty or hungry and enjoy a cold beer and some apetizers. You won’t regret it!
- The festive and nocturnal atmosphere are also one of the most interesting qualities of Barcelona. If you are looking for a place to enjoy the night until the sun rises, without a doubt this is your destination. You will find options to enjoy all day.
- Last but not least, the beach. Barcelona has a large number of beaches where you can enjoy the sun, long walks or play sports outdoors. The beaches are free and can be easily reached by public transport.
This brief introduction offers you the best qualities of this incredible city, but without a doubt, there are many things you should know before coming to visit us.
Do not miss the next publications to know a little more every day. I will give you details, some secrets and tips from a local perspectivo, I’m sure you don’t want to miss it!
Info and details from Wikipedia
Images from Pexels