This weekend my roommate made the executive decision that he, our neighbor, and myself should go to New York City for Saturday and Sunday. With how the cards fell though we ended up not leaving until 1:30 Saturday and I will write about the trip in a separate post later. Today though getting back was and continues to be a pretty big issue.
As I posted a couple of days ago winter weather was coming to DC. For the first time in two years they were supposed to get some good snow something they had not really been getting. Knowing this we left New York City at 4 so that if worst case scenario we could get back by 10 or so. Well the worst case has successfully happened and when we will get home is a huge uncertain. Even locals at places we have stopped said this storm is one of the worst they have seen in a while.
The snow though is beautiful fluffy snow. Something I have never seen in Texas something that almost just seems magical. It’s starting to transition though to blizzard conditions so we are 179 miles away and going 35 mph. We are in this for the long haul and have food if need be!