Status v1.5 introduces a bunch of new features that make your messaging experience a whole lot more enjoyable and make you feel connected while being miles apart. Features that make staying connected with your friends, family, and communities fun for everyone….without giving up your privacy or security. Oh, and #appdown is not a thing. If you have an internet connection, you can send and receive messages. Securely. Privately. Always.
Brighten up your private and group chats with images, turn up the volume with audio messages, and show some love with emoji reactions. All three of these features have been highly requested to make Status a viable replacement for many of the centralized messengers in use today. And a special Kudos to Status Ambassador Enrico who implemented audio messages on his own - open source for the win.
Joining the communities in Status just got easier as well. We took the liberty of surfacing a few active public chats by category.
Lastly, we made enabling notifications on Android as streamlined as possible by introducing a step in the onboarding process. If you already have a Status account and struggled to find the notifications toggle, you can turn on notifications within the profile tab.
The APK available is here.
For the full changelog, see our Github
- Send images in 1:1 and group chats
- React with emojis to any message
- Send voice messages in 1:1 and group chats
- Discover public chats by category
- Ability to delete an account
- Major interface improvements throughout, introducing our Quo component framework
- Auto-forwarding of the onboarding carousel
- Enable notifications during onboarding (Android)
- Clarify and move ‘Access existing keys’ to import accounts
- Showing password entry and confirmation on the same screen
- Add contacts or invite friends from Contacts
- Search bar includes search for ENS names
Joins us here: