These cookies are delicious with a very rich chocolate and peanut butter taste. They are also very quick and easy to make. I have made them for family, friends, and co-workers. The people whom I've made them for usually really enjoy them.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BARS
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick, preferably Land-O-Lakes)
- 1 pack of Oreo cookies (Preferably Peanut Butter Oreos, if you can't find them at your local grocery store, you can order them on Amazon or Amazon Pantry) (Oreo's will need to be crushed - I use the edge of a sharp metal spatula to crush them up into fine pieces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (Toll House Brand)
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips (Reese's Brand)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in oven in a 9 inch x 13 inch pan. I use a glass Pyrex pan. Take the pan out of the oven once butter is completely melted. Pour Oreo cookie crumbs over the butter and press them into the bottom of pan using the spatula. Pour sweetened condensed milk on Oreo crumbs. Pour on chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and press into condensed milk. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
There are two excellent ways to enjoy these cookies:
- Once they are done, let them cool on the counter or table for about 20 minutes. Then, scoop them into bowls and you will have a delicious chocolate and peanut butter fudge soup.
- Let them cool on the counter or table for a few hours and they will harden into delicious fudge-like chocolate and peanut butter cookie bars.
Enjoy and let me know how they turn out for you!!!