In this article Im going to show you how to earn crypto by selling back your unused bandwidth.
If you are like most people using a high speed data connection, most of this data is not being used at certain times of the day, such as when you are at work or when you are sleeping.
In this article Im going to show you how you can capitalizing on this, selling back your unused bandwidth for crypto.
Before we get started, I will have you know this is NOT a "ONE CLICK AND DONE!" setup. This IS going to take some work, some reading, patience and time.
In the end, you WILL be able to earn crypto from your unused bandwidth. "HOW MUCH?" depends on too many variables to calculate, and you will have to research this for yourself.
"Any user can sell his spare or idle Internet broadband to the Network and get paid for it instantly with crypto. The payments come from buyers, who purchase the bandwidth via third-party applications or directly.
The Privatix Network is building on transparent crypto-economic principles. The only utility token for buying or selling data within the network is ERC20 Ethereum token - PRIX" -source: https://www.stateofthedapps.com/dapps/privatix-network
Items you will need:
*1 personal computer, running Ubuntu 16.04 or higher, Windows 10 or higher or Mac OS 10.13 or higher
*1 high speed data connection
Prior experience with ethereum (ethereum wallets, dapps, metamask, etc), being familiar with a terminal, network administration etc will prove helpful here, but not necessary.
NOVICES DO NOT BE AFRAID! You may have to read a little more than the experts do, but in the end, you will both arrive at the same destination!
1. Let's get started by tackling the hardest step first: configuring your router. After this step it's pretty straight forward, so hang in there!
Login to your router's admin login page, and setup port forwarding to ports 59000 and 9000. There are many different types of routers and this article will not
cover how to access the admin login page, or how to set up port forwarding, for each different kind of router. Many can be accessed by typing 192.168.1.1 etc into your web browser. Contact your ISP or conduct an online search for your specific model number for help in this step.
2. Navigate to Privatix.io . Click on the DOWNLOAD link located at the upper right hand side of the screen. Select your OS, then download and install Privatix.
Once Privatix is installed, make sure to pass the port forwarding check found at privatix.network/portcheck.
(For Ubuntu users: Make sure you grand executible permissions for the installer;
Open a terminal, cd to the location of the installer ($ cd /home/user/downloads) and then execute the following command:
chmod +x privatix_ubuntu_x64_0.23.1_installer.run
3. Now we will navigate to infura.io . ( We will be using infura as our blockchain access provider. )
4. Sign up for a new accound and choose their FREE Core Subscription plan.
5. Log in to your Infura account and CREATE a new project.
7. Next choose VIEW PROJECT.
8. Copy the ENDPOINT to your clipboard (ctrl+c, or highlight the entirety of the endpoint, right click and select COPY).
9. Next we are going to navigate to privatix.io and install an application called Privatix. Select your OS then download and install.
10. Once downloaded, run the installer application and follow the instruction installation wizard.
11. When prompted, PASTE the ENDPOINT you copied in step 5 into the designated Endpoint field.
WHEW! Congradulations! You are 99% of the way done.
For pricing, submitting an offer, withdrawing funds, etc. please refer to the following articles: