The Winklevoss twins’ investment firm, Winklevoss Capital, participated in a Series C funding round for BlockFi that saw the latter raise $50 million, according to an announcement made on August 20.
- Funding was led by Anthony Pompliano’s Morgan Creek Digital; Pompliano will join BlockFi’s board of directors
- Other investors include Valar Ventures, CMT Digital, Castle Island Ventures and HashKey
- Funds will be allocated towards team growth and the expansion of business lines
- BlockFi’s assets have increased from $200 million at the end of last year to $1.5 billion today, according to co-founder Zac Prince
- BlockFi has raised $160 million since 2017