- OMG will process USDT transactions to lower costs and reduce times, offloading some of the burden on the ETH network
- The OMG team noted in the original announcement that USDT consumed more gas fees than the next 10 protocols and applications combined
- OMG Network is a layer-2 solution built on More Viable Plasma, which can handle thousands of transactions per second at a fraction of the cost on ETH
- Ethereum fees have risen in recent months, alongside increased volume on DeFi services like Uniswap and others
- Tether is being issued on networks other than Ethereum (ETH), which has been facing congestion due to high volumes of USDT transactions
Tether Goes Live on OMG Network
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.