On September 11, SushiSwap creator Chef Nomi returned nearly $14 million in SUSHI tokens that was stored in the project’s treasury, after receiving criticism for the large transaction and its after effects.
- Chef Nomi transferred 38,000 in ETH back to the treasury, and said that he would “let the community decide as the original creator of SushiSwap”
- Chef Nomi sold SushiSwap tokens allocated for development on September 5 and converted them to ETH
- The sale resulted in the token’s price falling by 73%; following the return of tokens, the price has jumped by 16% to $2.25 (at the time of publishing)
- Following this, Chef Nomi transferred control to FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, who then handed control over to the community
- Uniswap fork SushiSwap launches