Russia’s largest consumer bank, Sberbank, will launch a blockchain built using Hyperledger Fabric, with the possibility of a stablecoin launch also being discussed, according to Russian media outlet Vedomosti.
- Nodes will be hosted on Sberbank’s cloud service SberCloud.
- The network will be open and any firm can join and host a node
- Sberbank’s deputy chair Anatoly Popov said that it was planning to launch a stablecoin pegged to the rule
- The bank has said it was waiting for new regulation that will come into effect in January 2021, with no concrete plans yet
- Sberbank’s blockchain will launch in Q3 2020
- Russia Proposes Up to 5 Years of Hard Labor For Illegal Crypto Use