Multinational investment bank Morgan Stanley has increased its stake in significant Bitcoin investor MicroStrategy to 10.9%, according to an SEC filing dated Jan. 8.
- Morgan Stanley has added 650,000 shares to its ownership since the third quarter of 2020; MicroStrategy’s shares have increased by over 300% since it began making Bitcoin investments
- MicroStrategy is one of the most recognized names in the market, making headlines for its approximately $500 million investment in BTC
- Other major investors in MicroStrategy are First Trust Advisors, BlackRock Inc. and Vanguard Group
- The company’s large investment in Bitcoin and the recent bull market has pushed its Bitcoin holdings to over $1.4 billion
- CEO of MicroStrategy Michael Saylor is a strong proponent of Bitcoin, having once been a critic; Saylor has repeatedly advocated Bitcoin as a hedge against other asset classes