On September 4, the MetaMask wallet was made available on both Android and iOS phones, ending the roughly year long beta testing period for the popular cryptocurrency wallet.
- Developed by ConsenSys, MetaMask is one of the most popular cryptocurrency wallets on browsers, with over 1 million users on Chrome
- The wallet is commonly used as a gateway into DeFi services
- The mobile version will share the same features as the browser wallet, with users being able to connect to various DeFi services
- MetaMask browser users can import their transaction history into their mobiles by scanning a QR code
- ConsenSys and Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Joseph Lubin said that "Metamask will do for web3 what smartphones have done for web2"