The governance community of decentralized credit protocol Maker will undertake a final vote on whether to approve Gemini USD and Binance USD as collateral on the platform, after an initial vote took place on August 17.
- An initial vote to check the feasibility of supporting Gemini USD and Binance USD was approved on August 17, with a final vote to take place on an unannounced date
- Maker’s governance facilitators asked users to vote on 11 different tokens to determine which ones were the most popular choice for addition as collateral
- While GUSD and BUSD were selected, several other tokens also displayed popularity, including REN, TrueGBP, TrueAUD, TrueCAD and the UniswapV2 USDC-ETH Liquidity Token
- Maker officials have stressed that this does not guarantee that the two tokens will be supported as collateral
- Maker approved Kyber Network (KNC) and 0x (ZRX) as collateral in late June 2020, just a few weeks after approving two real world assets as collateral
- In addition to the aforementioned tokens, Maker’s current list of approved DAI generating tokens includes Basic Attention Token (BAT), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), TrueUSD (TUSD) and Decentraland (MANA)