Digital asset management firm Grayscale Investments on August 10 launched a cryptocurrency commercial which was aired on major news networks in the United States. This is the second time that Grayscale has launched a TV advertisement campaign for cryptocurrencies.
- The advertisement tracks the evolution of money and exchange of value over centuries, before pointing to money printing as a reason to invest in digital currencies
- No cryptocurrency is mentioned by name, nor is the word “cryptocurrency; but Grayscale displays the various products it offers
- Has been aired on CNBC, MSNBC, FOX, with FOX Business also scheduled to air it
- Previous Grayscale campaign, in May 2019, asked investors to “drop gold” and invest in digital currencies and Bitcoin (BTC)
- Grayscale has been seeing very good investment figures, with its largest quarterly inflow of $908.5 million reported in July 2020
- Grayscale purchased nearly 19,000 BTC in May