The total trading volume on decentralized exchanges in August crossed $11 billion, beating the all-time high set in July by 160%, according to data analytics platform Dune Analytics.
- At $11.6 billion, August 2020’s DEX volume is over 65 times as much as the volume of August 2019, which was $177 million
- July’s total DEX volume was roughly $4.5 billion, driven largely by the growth in DeFi services and arrival of new protocols
- Uniswap is the most popular platform by far, with over 87,038 unique traders; IDEX comes second with 3,861 unique traders
- Uniswap continues to be the DEX with the most volume, hitting $6.7 billion in August, a 283% increase over July
- Curve Finance (CRV) and Balancer (BAL) follow far behind with $1.86 billion and $1.1 billion respectively