Cryptocurrency exchange and derivatives trading platform BitMEX announced on August 14 that it will mandate user identity verification as part of its User Verification Programme.
- User Verification Programme will launch 2 weeks from now, on August 28
- Users will have 6 months to provide KYC information for identity verification, with the deadline being Feberuary 12, 2021
- 4 step process includes a few questions, providing a document and uploading a selfie
- Verification will help verify involved parties in disputes, hacks or otherwise anomalous events
- Says that user identity verification is “an important part of building trust in the cryptocurrency ecosystem”