- Enegix will open a 180 megawatt data center for mining pools in September 2020
- The farm will be located in the city of Ekibastuz and can accommodate up to 50,000 mining rigs
- If only top of the line mining hardware were used for the full setup i.e. Bitmain's AntMiner S19 series or MicroBT’s WhatsMiner M30, that would give the farm about 4% of Bitcoin’s hashrate
- Construction has cost $23 million, but will benefit the local economy, including by hiring up to 160 people in various roles
- Kazakhstan has been implementing crypto-friendly regulations in a bid to attract investment and businesses
- The country is ranked 4th in terms of hashrate distribution with 6.17% of the network, according to the University of Cambridge
Biggest Bitcoin Farm is Being Built in Kazakhstan
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.