Annual Extreme Ride 4 Hunger 2020
1000km 6 Day Cycle Tour Challenge
Kimberley to Cape Town
7 Outreach Charity Events
Be a part of an adventure that makes a difference in the lives of others.
ENTER NOW - MARCH 2020 - Limited Entries.
Extreme Ride 4 Hunger is a Meals on Wheels Northern Cape initiative started to raise awareness to the plight of the poor, and to create a hunger free society. We can make a difference by playing our part, no matter how small.
This Challenge is for the adventurers, humanitarians, and those who simply want to make a difference.
As a team you will be required to cycle to the various destination points.
At some destinations you will be staying in guesthouses/hotels/lodges. Along the way we would like you to experience what Meals on Wheels Community Services is all about. We will be doing the following activities at the 10 chosen beneﬁciaries:
- Distributing Care Packages for the Elderly
- Distributing warm cooked meals
- Delivering Food Parcels
- Distributing stationary packs
The tour will be starting in Kimberley, on Sunday 1st March 2020 at 5:00am and ending on Friday 6th March 2020 11h00 at our Khayelitsha Centre in Cape Town. An approximately 40 cyclist are expected to participate in the tour which will be an approximate distance of 1270km
What Cyclists Get
- Registration/Opening Function
- 2 Cycling Tops
- Winter cycling jacket
- All Accommodation
- All transport from Kimberley to Cape Town
- All Meals and Snacks
- Certiﬁcate of Participation
- Road Support
- New friends
- Fun and games
- Enlarging your Worldview
- Life Changing experience, being part of our outreach programs to the poorest of the poor during the 6 day Tour
- Closing Function and Awards Ceremony
- The Extreme Ride for Hunger Tour plans to have 10 outreach programs, over the course of 6 days, in the following towns
- Britstown, Gentle Care Frail Care – 35 Toiletry parcels, Snacks and food items.
- Britstown, Centre – 35 Food Parcels for the elderly in need.
- De Aar, MOWCS Centre – 50 Food Parcels for families in need.
- Victoria West, Community Centre – 35 Food Parcels for the elderly in need.
- Oudtshoorn, MOWCS Centre – 35 Food Parcels for the elderly in need.
- Riversdale, MOWCS Centre – 35 Food Parcels for the elderly in need.
- Riversdale, MOWCS Centre – 60 Stationery Parcels for primary school kids
- Struisbaai, MOWCS Centre – Parcels for kids at our safe haven
- Elim, Mispah School – 120 Stationery parcels for kids
- Cape Town, Khayelitsha – 1000 meals
Our main aim is to raise awareness, by doing so we recognise the problem we have and we can take action to make the changes we need to help those in need.
We hope to get more sponsors involved by either making a donation or sponsoring their products & or service, whatever it is your company or organisation can do to give back to the communities will assist in creating a hunger free South Africa.
All funds and services are directed at the communities most in need of assistance, and also to create programs which facilitate community upliftment.
CYCLE FOR A PURPOSE
Cyclist who take part play an extremely vital role by creating excitement around the tour, and thereby making more people, especially the younger generation, aware of the need to start caring for others.
The Extreme Ride 4 Hunger an initiative of Meals on Wheels Community Services Northern Cape Area aims to raise as much funds as possible to assist the areas which are most in need of financial assistance.
For more information contact us:
+27 (0)53 832 1149
+27 (0)76 953 5554