The most famous tequila cocktail is the Margarita, and here's how you can make it:
- 1 1/2 oz of tequila
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup (sugar dissolved in water)
- 1 oz of orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- Salt and a lime wedge for garnish (optional)
- Prepare a Margarita glass with salt on the rim (optional). To do this, rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim in salt on a plate.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds to mix the ingredients well.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass.
- Add fresh ice to the glass and garnish with a lime wedge (optional).
And there you have it! You can now enjoy your freshly made Tequila Margarita. Remember, you can adjust the amounts of the ingredients to suit your personal taste.