What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency exchange platform that allows us to:
- Buy and sell cryptocurrencies (the most popular). These purchases can be made periodically, that is, we can tell Coinbase that every week we want to buy 0.1 BTC.
- Follow the evolution of our investments in cryptocurrencies.
- Make changes from one cryptocurrency to another.
- Establish that when making a withdrawal of cryptocurrencies, it is done in a delayed way in time. It is a way to secure our deposits (CoinBase calls it ‘Safe protection’.)
If you still do not have a Coinbase account and want to enter the world of cryptocurrencies, you can use my referral (we will both receive $10):
What is Coinbase Earn?
Coinbase Earn is an initiative by which we can earn certain amounts of some coins while we learn about these cryptocurrencies and how they work.
In order to access this platform, we must be registered in Coinbase and sign up for each of the cryptocurrencies we want to learn about and, in addition, earn a certain amount (in total you can earn around $150).
Currently, the cryptocurrencies available on Coinbase Earn (and invitations to some of them) are:
- Celo (CGLD)
- Kyber (KNC)
- Compound (COMP)
- Orchid (OXT)
- Tezos (XTZ)
- Dai (DAI)
- EOS (EOS): https://coinbase.com/earn/eos/invite/03tpwr45
- Stellar Lumens (XLM): https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/f207dzbh
- Zcash (ZEC)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- Ox (ZRX)
These courses works as follows:
- Access one of these courses (these are a few videos of about 3 min in length).
- Watch every video and respond a very simple question related to the video you just watched.
- Each correct question gives you an amount of said cryptocurrency ($2- $3, approximately).
Keep in mind that because many people participate, you cannot access the first one, but Coinbase generates a queue and alerts you by email when you can take each course.
If you liked this post, upvote it! And, if you want to know how I evolved in the crypto world: Stay tuned!
Thanks and see you soon.