And welcome to The Brief Crypto News Episode 8.
I am LeaderIcarus and its 07:00 UTC of July 23 2020. While the missing Wirecard executive that found in Belarus, Masselec, reported to own a "considerable amount of bitcoin" and Nasdaq hitting record high, we have some news regardless the ETH 2.0
The long anticipated launch of ETH 2.0 is with no fix date about a years or so, but, now, in an unexpected turn of event points that the release could be on this year. "The Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain (phase 0) will launch in November, unless we find severe bugs in clients or protocol" ethereum developer Schoedon said. Ethereum seemed motivated by the fact and has increased by 10% - now trades above $260.
Most of the top ten currencies are on the green and the capitalization above $288 billion, while Bitcoin Dominance is slightly increased at 60.65%. Now Let see the top ten by market capitalization.
- bitcoin (BTC) $9,487.52
- ethereum (ETH) $261.89
- tether (USDT) $1.00
- xrp (XRP) $0.202221
- bitcoin cash (BCH) $237.87
- cardano (ADA) $0.124194
- bitcoin sv (BSV) $182.45
- chainlink (LINK) $7.67
- litecoin (LTC) $44.80
- Binance Coin $18.14
Cyprus Criminals Stealing Bitcoin
- Cyprus Department of Justice has extradited two
- One suspected of stealing bitcoin and personal information from a game publisher
- The second accused for money laundry and connection with Hezbollah
PayPal Crypto Service
- Following story about PayPal Inc. to offer buy and sell services to its customers.
- Reports say that PayPal will not cooperate with Coinbase - as they did for years.
- Paxos seems to be the custodian for the Company.
Mastercard Expand Crypto Program
- Following the company's announcement that will simplify access for the crypto card issuers.
- Wirex becomes Mastercard's first crypto partner.
- Mastercard, also, announced that will allow Wirex to directly issue crypto payment cards.
- Wirex's card users will be able to immediately convert crypto to fiat.
- Seems that more countries are trying to adopt cryptocurrency - to avoid possible incomes from it.
- South Korean announced a 20% tax rate for crypto-trade income.
- This is not affect owing crypto, as this is not taxable for both personal and foreign corporations.
- Also, income from trading that are less than $2000 per years will not be taxed.
- US Banking regulator goes one step closer towards adoption, too.
- The Office of the Controller of the Currency permits banks to custody cryptos on behalf their clients.
- As long as custody means to actually own the keys of the crypto wallets, OCC specified that "national banks may escrow encryption keys used in connection with digital certificates, because a key escrow service is a functional equivalent to physical safekeeping"
Steve Wazniak Sues Youtube
- Wosniak - Apple co-founder- and 17 other people sue YouTube over Crypto scam channels.
- These channels performs fake bitcoin giveaways scams featuring images of celebrities including Wozniak.
- YouTube accused for not acting quickly to ban such content and that "knowingly allowed the bitcoin scam to go on for months, promoted it and profited by it, by selling targeted advertising" the lawyer firm stated.
Thank you for reading. Please like/tip/spot/upvote, comment and share!
This is my own content and I will cross post it at Publish0x, Cent, Hive and read.cash
Follow Me Also:
If you want to join please use these affiliate links
- The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.
- Nothing contained on this article constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
- Nothing in the article constitutes professional and/or financial advice.
- You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other Content before making any decisions based on such information or other Content.
- You agree not to hold The Author, or the Article liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information or other Content made available to you through this article.
- There are risks associated with investing in securities. Investing in stocks, bonds, exchange traded funds, mutual funds, and money market funds involve risk of loss.
- Loss of principal is possible
- Some high risk investments may use leverage, which will accentuate gains & losses.
- Foreign investing involves special risks, including a greater volatility and political, economic and currency risks and differences in accounting methods.
- A security’s or a firm’s past investment performance is not a guarantee or predictor of future investment performance.
- Resource are not included, as I use more than one to verify. For more information, please search online.
- None of these are personal opinions, unless otherwise specifically and very clearly stated
- All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners.
- All company, product and service names used in this article are for identification purposes only.
- Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement