If you have a more established presence online with a WordPress website or blog and now you’re interested in accepting Bitcoin payments on your site, we have just the plugin for you. The best part is that you can get set up in just a couple of minutes and you don’t need any technical bitcoin expertise.
Why Accept Bitcoin On Your WordPress Site?
The price of Bitcoin has consistently been on the rise over the years and as more people become aware of it and its utility, more people are looking for ways to accept it. Here are just some of the benefits of accepting Bitcoin on your website.
- Low fees.
- A community of users who are actively looking for ways to spend Bitcoin.
- The most secure payment network on the planet.
- No risk of chargebacks or fraudulent payments.
- Accepting a new form of payment made specifically for the internet.
- Borderless payments.
- No bank account required.
- More private than other payment networks.
Bitcoin may seem difficult at first but that’s why we’ve made an easy way to begin to accept bitcoin payments on your site.
The Easy Way To Accept Bitcoin On Your WordPress Site with Blockonomics
If you want to begin accepting Bitcoin payments without having to fully understand how bitcoin wallets and addresses work, we have made it as easy as we possibly can. By following the 6 steps below, you can offer your customers the ability to pay with Bitcoin without having to set up your own wallet. You can follow the instructions in this video:
1. Log in to your WordPress site.
2. Click on the “Plugins” tab on the left side of the page.
3. Click on “Add New” in the top left corner of the page.
4. Use their search bar in the top right corner of the page to search for “Blockonomics”.
5. Install the first option named “WordPress Bitcoin Payments — Blockonomics”
6. After you’ve installed the plugin, click “Activate”.
7. That’s it. You’re all done. You are now set up to accept Bitcoin payments.
Yes. It’s literally that easy. That’s why we’ve named this article “The Easy Way” to accept bitcoin on your WordPress site.
If you have a better understanding of Bitcoin, you will probably want to send these payments directly to your own wallet.
Where Do The Bitcoin Payments Go?
You might be wondering “If I don’t set up a wallet with Blockonomics, where these payments go?”. That’s a great question. With this simple setup, your payments go to a wallet that we set up on your behalf. In order to receive the payments directly, you just need to set up your own wallet.
We made this “The Easy Way” since not everyone is ready or able to accept their own Bitcoin payments yet.
Accept Bitcoin Payments Directly To Your Own Bitcoin Wallet
If you are looking for a way to accept Bitcoin payments directly to your own Bitcoin wallet, you will need to do a couple of things.
- Set up your own Bitcoin wallet and locate the xPub key.
- Configure your Blockonoimcs account with that xPub and generate an API key.