Yesterday, Bitcoin hit $50k for the first time in 770+ days.
Since late December 2021.
It's been a little over two years but the world looked different back then.
Here's some things that changed since Dec 2021 vs Feb 2024.
- A lot of people probably hadn't heard of Taylor Swift yet
- The Russo-Ukrainian war had not fully deflagrated yet
- Same with the one in Israel
- Inflation didn't look so bad
- Manchester City hadn't won the Champions League yet
- The Apple Vision Pro hadn't been invented
- No one cared much about AI
- Queen Elizabeth was still alive, as were Pele and Charlie Munger
- Covid was still a thing
- FTX was a respectable exchange
- Terra Luna was still growing and Do Kwon was considered a genius
- Elon Musk hadn't bought X, which was still called Twitter back then
Anything else you think should make the list? Let me know in the comments.
And perhaps even more importantly, was the world a better place then, or is it better now?