A blockchain/DLT architect named Harry Papacharissiou, in a hackathon has integrated Chainlink Oracle with tesla APIs.
- The outcome is an adapter that enables to control a Tesla using this adapter.
- Before this, if such a feat was to be achieved, a seperate hardware had to be installed for such a usecase.
- The usecase that this enables is chainlink powered car renting!
- These adapters can be hosted on different nodes to achieve decentralization, and there is no need to self-host it as such
- Features supported through adapter:
- Vehicle Authentication
- Vehicle Unlock
- Vehicle Lock
- Vehicle Honk Horn
- Vehicle obtain odometer, charge level & location data
Looks like various forms of usecases of Blockchain are shaping up in 2020, right from DeFi to burst of DEXs, to chainlink oracles providing very innovative usecases previously thought to be impossible, all with the security and decentralization provided by inherent nature of blockchain.