Welcome to the 7th and the last day of the announcement week. We recently released Hydro Web Wallet – ÆGIR this week. We would like to finish our announcements week with the announcement of long-awaited release of ÆGIR mobile wallet(Beta Version).
ÆGIR, the Hydro mobile wallet will be available soon for Android and iOS devices. Wallet does not require any subscription nor it collects any personal information, and uses Hydro protocols on top of Ethereum blockchain technology to provide transfers all over the world through progressive security, the user is further encouraged to strengthen security with Hydro ID and Encryption Keys.
Project Hydro secure your identity on the blockchain by using our Snowflake protocol. And also provides all around security with 2FA using our Raindrop protocol. As mentioned this will be the beta version of the wallet, it will include basic features like;
- Withdrawals of any ERC-20 token.
- Deposits of any ERC-20 token.
- Connected with Hydro ID for security.
There are tons of amazing features that will be added in the wallet with every new version release every 2 weeks, those features are but not limited to;
- Raindrop integration on Withdrawal.
- Support of other tokens/coins.
- Transfer between different wallets connected with same Hydro ID.
- TUSC Infrastructure integration.
- On/Off ramp Hydro/Fiat support.
- Staking, Lending and Borrowing.
- Private key retrieval.
In this article we will go through the ÆGIR Wallet step by step.
Follow below steps to create a new wallet:
- Open Hydro Mobile Wallet App.
- Click on the “Get Started” button, and then on the “Create Wallet” button.
- Click on the “Generate Mnemonic”, you will get 12 words of code, so please write it down and save it somewhere safe.
- To copy it, click on the “Copy Mnemonic”, and then on the “Next” button.
- Paste it in the “BIP39 Mnemonic”, and then on the “Submit” button.
- You will get Private Key and Public Key, please save Private Key also safely.
- Enter the password to make it more secure, then “Generate Encrypted Key” button.
- You will get an Encrypted Key, save this one also, and then click on the “Save Encrypted Key” button.
- Now you will need a Hydro ID to create your account on the blockchain, so enter the Hydro ID and click on the “Accept” button.
- And then finally click on the “Claim Identity” button.
On the main screen, users can;
- Withdraw Hydro tokens.
- Deposit Hydro tokens.
- Add another Card for Ethereum or any ERC-20 Token.
- Change the theme to light and dark.
- See all the notifications.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
Withdraw, Deposit, and Transfer:
As you can see in the image, users can Withdraw, Deposit and Transfer Hydro or any ERC-20 tokens easily directly from the Home screen.
Notification & Setting Screen:
Users can check their Hydro ID and all of their notifications from the notification screen, and from the Settings screen, they can access other things like:
- Configure Wallet between Ethereum and Hydro.
- Add Custom Token.
- Export their keys.
- Change password.
- Switch application theme between Light Mode and Dark Mode.
- Link for Contact Us and Rate Us.
- Lending, Staking, Borrowing, and Loan functionality (In development).
We will continuously develop this mobile wallet with some awesome new features and updates. So stay tuned for more exciting developments in the near future!
[Note: This app is still in beta stage, so everything included in the app is not complete, some features are still in development. Application not available yet on Play Store, we applied for Play Store listing, so it will be live for the general public in 2 weeks. In the meantime the testers chosen by the community will be using the app.]
You can keep in touch with our team via one of our social channels: