Grayscale Investments CEO Michael Sossenheim revealed on Twitter that the firm reported its largest-ever single-day raise on Jan. 15, drawing in $700 million into its investment products.
- Sossenheim said that the inflow indicates that momentum is gaining, even as the firm comes in from a highly successful Q4 2020
- Grayscale has profited significantly from the current market run, with its assets under management growing by over 900%, as described in its Q4 2020 report
- Total assets managed have grown from $2 billion to over $27 billion as of Jan. 16; Q4 2020 alone brought in $3.3 billion in investment inflow
- With its AUM growing by $7 billion in just a week, Grayscale's large accumulation in 2020 has paid off handsomely as it commits to buying more BTC than it is being mined
- Grayscale is owned by the Digital Currency Group, whose other investments include BitGo, Blockstream, Brave, Curve Finance and Polkadot developer Parity, among many others