Digital asset management firm Grayscale Investments has hit the milestone of $25 billion in assets under management (AUM), according to a tweet posted on Jan. 12.
- The milestone is a remarkable one for Grayscale, given that it has grown from $2 billion to $25 billion in less than a year
- The majority of Grayscale’s holdings is Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH), at $33 billion and $3.1 billion respectively
- The company also announced earlier this week that it would reopen its products to new clients, after it had been paused last month
- Grayscale has been buying large amounts of BTC since the start of 2020, and that has paid off in the recent bull run; it has well over 500,000 in BTC
- Just this month, Grayscale’s AUM grew by $7 billion in one week