NFT-based crypto game Axie Infinity has raised $860,000 in a sale for its governance token, AXS, on Nov. 19.
- Participants in the sale include Delphi Digital, Arca and Sparq; the AXS token is currently above $0.50, up 400% from its launch value
- Axie Infinity launched the governance token on Nov. 10, and is available on markets like Binance and Uniswap
- Axie Infinity is currently the most popular blockchain game in the market, but other games are also accelerating their campaigns -- Brave and Splinterlands partnered in Oct. 2020
- NFTs have steadily grown in popularity in 2020, with multiple launches and fundings, including a $500,000 funding of NIFTEX
- Axie also partnered with Chainlink over the weekend, which follows an earlier partnership with Aave
- Art is another popular use case for NFTs -- a Batman artwork sold for $200,000 while a “digital portrait” of Satoshi Nakamoto sold for just over $131,000