Decentralized lending protocol Aave and NFT project Axie Infinity announced a partnership on Nov. 5, with the goal of promoting each other’s platforms to their respective user bases.
- Aave said that it would sponsor Season 13 of Axie Infinity’s Community Alpha, and subsequently make over $4000 in AAVE available for players to compete over on Nov. 9
- Aave holders who have 0.65 or more of AAVE or staked Aave (stkAAVE) also qualify to earn a limited edition AAVE-themed NFT
- Axie Infinity is a “Pokémon inspired digital pet universe” where players collect and battle their creatures, which are represented by NFTs
- Axie Infinity is one of many NFT games projects receiving an increasing amount of attention; in the last week of October 2020, it was selected as a Binance Launchpad project
- The NFT market has been undergoing a lot of growth in 2020, particularly with respect to games; Brave and Splinterlands partnered to integrated BAT into the latter
- Digital art has been a popular use case -- NFT-represented Batman artwork sold for over $200,000 on marketplace MakersPlace