- Kathryn Nguyen stole 100k XRP tokens from a 56 year old man’s account in January 2018
- At the time, the sum totaled to just under $400,000; authorities have only been able to recover about $9,000
- Nguyen replaced the two factor authentication number to her mobile number
- She then transferred the tokens to an international exchange and moved the tokens between wallets
- Pleading guilty in August 2019, Nguyen has been sentenced to 2 years and 3 months in prison, and is eligible for parole in October 2021
- She becomes one of the first people in Australia to be sentenced for cryptocurrency theft
2 Years in Prison for $380K XRP Theft
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.