Looking at the top 10 coins in market caps, which are the winners and losers of the last 7 days?
The ranking from the best to the worst coin (excluding stablecoins) over the last 7 days is as follows:
- Ethereum ETH is the only one which is slightly positive over the last 7 days, due to a dump & pump scheme
- Dogecoin DOGE is pretty close to ETH - which is in reality a poor performance after all the tweets from Elon
- Bitcoin BTC is the third one and may be back in the green zone in the next hours due to current rebound
- Binance BNB, Cardano ADA, Ripple XRP and Polkadot DOT have all underperformed over the last 7 days
As you have noticed, we are comparing carrots and potatoes above, so let's have a look at the most promising cryptos:
- BTC remains the most stable option (excluding stablecoins...) although its volatility is currently higher than usually
- BNB, XRP and DOGE are in the danger zone, for different reasons: regulatory issues for BNB & XRP, joke coin syndrom for DOGE
- ETH, ADA and DOT are the most promising ones, due to their added value and the next updates expected: EIP 1559 for ETH, Alonzo for ADA, and parachain auctions for DOT - although they are currently deployed on Kusama (KSM), the final objective is DOT, and they might pump that DOT
What are the forecasts for the next 7 days?
- First of all, the forecasts are still quite uncertain: if BTC continues to rebound, they will likely all increase with higher volatility... and conversely...
- Among BNB, XRP and DOGE, I would rather bet on XRP, although that's not the most popular one... due to the upcoming Flare Network launch
- Among ETH, ADA and DOT, I would rather bet on ETH, because the EIP 1559 update in August will reduce the gas fees which is its main weakness
In summary, my top 3 for the next 7 days is: ETH (and some tokens around Ethereum ecosystem, e.g. Polygon MATIC), BTC and... XRP (with prudence...).
Please note that it is only my opinion. I am not a financial advisor. Please Do Your Own Research and invest only the money you can afford to lose.