August 31st, 2020 — This month the Cartesi team expanded into a new international market, revived a long-awaited Creepts tournament, revealed new details on the innovative CTSI macroeconomic staking system and forged a new partnership.
The Cartesi team expanded its presence in Korea with an exchange listing on Upbit. CTSI is now tradable on Upbit’s Korean platform under the pair CTSI/BTC, as well as Upbit Indonesia under CTSI/BTC. In celebration of these listings, a $25,000 Creepts tournament was run with another outstanding turnout with over 8000 unique users and 24,000 sessions played.
In addition to this, the CTSI Macroeconomy was released. In Q4 2020, Cartesi Mining on Ethereum’s mainnet will occur. You will be able to stake CTSI intermediately until the release of the Staking Right system in 2021.
Some other notable actions included forming a partnership with MixMarvel to integrate Cartesi’s SDK, as well as blockchain game publishing. Augusto Teixeira and Erick de Moura also attended ECON2020, an Ethereum developer conference presenting on a panel on Sharding vs. Layering as well as a keynote, respectively.
The CTSI Macroeconomy
The Cartesi team released it’s long-awaited macroeconomy with an innovative staking system.
Cartesi Side Chain node operators can stake cartesi tokens by buying staking rights. These staking rights keep CTSI locked until the end of a staking cycle after which it pays the owner the locked principal plus a reward in CTSI. Staking rights are acquired through periodic Dutch auctions and give the owner the rights to execute rewarded mining tasks until their expiration date.
The Complete Overview: https://cartesi.io/CTSI_Macroeconomy.pdf
Expanding Cartesi’s Korean Presence — CTSI is now Listed on Upbit
Cartesi expanded its Korean presence by listing on Upbit. CTSI is now directly tradable within Korea. In addition, CTSI was also listed on Upbit’s Indonesian platform furthering our presence in Indonesia.
Full Ecosystem Summary for August
- Upbit Korea and Upbit Indonesia Listing
- CTSI is Now available on Binance for Margin Trading
- MixMarvel Partnership
- Variety of promotions and Press releases launched throughout Korean news outlets
- Augusto Teixeira attended EDCON 2020 and presented on a panel about Sharding vs. Layering
- Erick de Moura attended EDCON 2020 and presented a keynote on Cartesi
- Descartes SDK 0.2.0 release
- Made significant progress for the testnet PoS launch
- $25,000 Creepts Tournament and Play & Earn airdrop
- Significant PoS Prototype progress
- Redesigned definitions for Cartesi nodes & DApps
- IPFS Integration for DApp agnostic capabilities
- Cartesi Machine, Nodes & Dispatcher
- Various internal preparations for September’s Big Announcement
- Cartesi Nigeria AMA with CryptoSyndicate
- Cartesi Vietnam AMA with Marcus Crypto
- Small Recap of What’s Upcoming for Cartesi
Cartesi in The Media
- Beincrypto: https://beincrypto.com/these-two-altcoins-are-aiming-for-a-strong-rebound/
- Beincrypto: https://beincrypto.com/cryptocurrency-news-roundup-for-august-20-2020/
- Blockmedia (KR): https://www.blockmedia.co.kr/archives/151049
- Joind (KR): https://joind.io/market/id/2968
- Cartesi’s Upbit PR on multiple Korean sites:
Community Created Content
- Lunarcrush Highlighting Cartesi’s Influencer Network
- Cartesi Solution to Blockchain Scalability
- Machine Learning with Cartesi
- Cartesi Ushers In Blockchain Gaming With Creepts
- Cartesi Descartes SDK Recap
- Upcoming Milestones Infographic
- Descartes 0.20 Release Community Highlight
- Article about the Power of Cartesi DApps
- Cartesi’s Popularity on Uptrennd
- Sharding Blockchain, One Way to Scale
- Cartesi and the gaming ecosystem
- Cartesi and Defi
- And a lot more pieces of content across social media. Thank you!
As our community continues to expand, we highlight some of the most noteworthy pieces of content created for Cartesi on a monthly basis. We are in the process of on-boarding new ambassadors, including a new Japanese Ambassador. Exceptional individuals should apply at: https://cartesi.io/en/ambassadors/.
Important Ecosystem Links:
Discord (Developers): https://discordapp.com/invite/Pt2NrnS