Sirwin
Sirwin

Tellor Developer Call June 2nd 2022 

By Tamsay | Tellor | 30 Jun 2022


Links 

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3z__ys8-jA 

Official links: https://linktr.ee/Tellor 

 

Summary 

 
Optimism TestNet deployed (Kovan), API Testnet Deployment, Keeper Network, Tellor360 Controller Contract, GasPrice Oracle, Query Builder Update, Tellor360 Testing, Tellor RNG Feed, Docs Review 

 

Whole call   

Nick: All right! Wellcome to Tellor Dev call! What three days, two days late and a holiday, so it’s like three days late. But, yeah… We can go over what we’re kind of working on. And head out the door, this will be a longer Dev Call, so first five minutes will be: What we’re working on and then the last half hour is going to be like documentation stuff. So you’re more than welcome to sit n for that but, just so you guys know. Okay! So something Brenda and I (we) got Optimism Test Net. So Covent Optimism is now deployed. I just updated the docs on that this morning, so all those addresses are there. Yeah… That’s the there’s a user who’s requesting us to be up there. So I don’t know I think their timelines, like they need us up in like two months on main net Optimism at their AirDrop. Really kind of “Buzzworthy”. So I’ll kind of milk that for all it’s worth. Okay! So other things we’re working on. I think just the big Tellor 360 stuff. I'm working on practicing my presentation. I gotta get that done before I give it on next Tuesday and then yeah I'm here to kind of help you guys out with Tellor 360 stuff wherever I can. And then I'm gonna be working on another article on as far as how to write a custom feed. So let me know hopefully I’ll have that done sometime next week as well. So Lauren:  How’s things going?  

  

Lauren:Things are going good. I'm switching over all the API stuff around Match Up with the new ones. Please, I don’t think I’ll be able to deploy today, because I'm going to the airport and whatever, but I was going to ask Tim if he’d be able to help me deploy it possibly tomorrow. I know you helped me and Josh last time. We did it and then I can start like testing the API and make sure that everything works. A little bit and that should be done then by like Tuesday/ Wednesday as long as I can get it to play. So… 

  

Nick: You should be able to. It’s just one contract right? 

  

Lauren: Yeah,yeah. It’s really simple.  

  

Nick: Yeah! Throw it into remix if you can’t figure it out.I mean Brenda and I had like yesterday. We sat on, we tried to debug the playground to get it to launch and like we were on Brenda’s computer and it was like all we had to do was like we had to like upgrade NPM and then do like a Pseudo and PMI and then it worked. And we’re like all right. This is… 

  

Lauren: There we go. 

  

Nick: Yeah you know… Yeah… Half-half the day whatever. So yeah. I think these things are buggy still, but cool. Akram? 

  

Akram: Good morning! I'm working on (the) incorporating the keeper network still. Made some changes after getting some help from Tim yesterday. I have some PR for data specs, because I added a few things to it. That’s my focus really and also been catching some stuff that to make the tip listener better. I just need to figure out how to fix it . 

  

Nick: Yeah and then whenever it’s sort of in a stable point let us know and we’ll get it to an unstable point. 

  

Akram:Okay… 

  

Nick: Cool! Tally? 

  

Tally: Hey! I’ve got all the function tests on 360 controller contract (on) except the last one. I’ll ask you about that though it just transfers all the tokens that are in the contract out, but I wonder if that might not make sense, because there’s a lot of tokens sitting in there… So like if you…Well I don’t know… or maybe not actually. 

  

Nick: You should know if there are lot of tokens sitting in there. 

  

Tally: Really?! 

  

Nick: Wait! What is this one? 

  

Tally: It’s transfer out of contracts. 

  

Nick: Oh! For like if they… 

  

Tally:… if there’s just like lots and lots of tokens sitting in the in TellorMaster. This is basically accidental.Right? 

  

Nick: Yeah this is just the actual ones.Right! 

  

Tally: Okay! Yeah… Okay! That makes sense! 

  

Nick: Yeah,so… 

  

Tally:That’s good! 

  

Nick: Yeah! You can just send them all to the team and we can pass them back but it’s like people shouldn’t be sending their tokens it’s just like a catch, because it happens so… 

  

Tally: Yeah! Sure! And I finished an issue on Teliot. On the gas price oracle. 

  

Nick: Cool! Very nice! So, all right! Ryan any Dev updates? Are you muted or something? I can’t hear you. But,no… 

  

Ryan: How about now? 

  

Nick: That was good! 

  

Ryan: Just cleaned up the query builder. No big deal. 

  

Nick: Yeah, it looks good! I think now it’ just he big difference for those whenever we point people there, it just forces you to do like customs basically, because we had an issue I think maybe what we could do with the next issue would be like you know we have spot price in there, but we have a bunch of other ones that we can do as far as just types you know. Maybe having like other ones you know. So like we’re working on just generic EVM contract call or that one’s up? Right Tally? 

  

Tally: Generic EVM contract call? 

  

Nick: Yeah! And data specs. Is that one? 

  

Tally: No, yeah… 

  

Nick: Okay! Yeah, so you know we could have other ones besides just spot price, but the reason is people saw like we had like example ones and then people thought that was all we did. Right. But no it looks good. And then Tim are you on or? Speaking? 

  

Tim: I'm on. Can you hear me? 

  

Nick: Yeah! We can hear you. 

  

Tim: Yeah, so… I'm working on Tellor360 testing. I’ve got Tellor Flex pretty much good to go I think. So I'm updating the spreadsheet on that moving on to governance. 

  

Nick: Okay! Yeah, let me know whenever you’re done with Flex in the spreadsheet I’ll take it over. 

  

Tim: And actually Tally’s question reminded me… Do we want to add the ability to transfer accidental tokens out of like Tellor Flex and out of governance on different networks? 

  

Nick: Probably Tellor Flex, I mean we’re gonna have to figure out how to do Tellor Flex, because Tellor Flex actually holds all the staking tokens as well so you can’t just transfer out all the balance. 

  

Tim: Yeah… 

  

Nick: So if there is an easy way we can do it, if there’s not an easy way I'm not like stressing over it like whatever. But, okay yeah… 

  

Tim: I want to say (we have) we’re keeping track of all the stakes. The total stake amount and the total like Sticky Reward amounts I think. We can track extra tokens, but yeah… 

  

Nick: Yeah… 

  

Tim: I’ll double check on that! Okay… 

  

Nick: So… 

  

Tim:… And for those listening we also we’ve had Tellor RNG for a little bit now, but just added like an automatic RNG submitter to Telliot, which we’ll submit every 30 minutes, so that could be useful for people on TestNet. That just need random numbers. 

  

Nick:Nice! So, cool… Brenda you have anything? 

  

Brenda: You already covered what there is… 

  

Nick: Yeah, cool… And then today at two for the team members, but Quentin is doing his presentation today. So Quentin’s internship is ending here. He’s going to be officially a graduate of college. So he wrote a thesis on Blockchain Oracles, so he’s going to be presenting it, which is really cool! Maybe next week or some other time… We’ll have him presented on the call. It’ll be cool! So… But I'm going to go. We can support and do the cheering section for him. All right! Now the docs… Okay, so I'm gonna share my screen and I'm gonna… But we can kind of just talk it over first so… Yeah… Okay so… I mean we had an excellent Hackathon as far as… 

  

Mike: I can’t see.  

  

Nick: You’re blind. 

  

Mike: I am… 

  

Nick:… But you know where this question is to talk about like okay: “What issues did we run into trying to implement Tellor or did we see users run into trying to implement Tellor?”. And then we’ll kind of go with the docs from there. Yeah, I mean for me like I'm gonna tell her my thing, but like I just I knew where to go so I'm like a bad example. But I was using, sample using Tellor and I think we could do some updates to sample using Tellor to make it sort of easier for people to read you know, whether it’s in the ReadMe and then the code as well, just like this an example cut and paste it and use it. And I mean that that’s the way that I’ve been doing it as far as like I’d rather just cut a snippet of code an then change the types and then it works. But yeah… I know that was how I implemented it really quickly and then it wasn’t really an issue you know.I think NPM/ NPMI using Tellor works really well. You know you just put that in there and then forget about it, but I thin on the… 

  

Mike:… right now it’s the NPM install using Tellor 

  

Nick: Yeah, yeah which is great and you need to install using Tellor and then you need to like get the query ID and then know how to use that so like you know… So that’s like this: The steps that you would do in your smart contract and I think it’s a nice flow. It’s generally pretty easy and then to get testing up and going on a local machine it’s really-really easy. You know I always just copy the sample using Tellor test cut and paste it in mine and have the playground up and running. I don’t know if other people do that as well , but I thought that was like decent flow for me you know. For me that the Tellor testing was no big deal , but for other people as far as like what issues did we get in the discord as far as people coming to implement Tellor. I think we had some people they’re still on this there’s still a little bit of the mindset of we’re still getting a lot of questions: “Can you do this kind of Oracle data?”. The answer is is obviously YES! You know… So like we’re still how we sort of been seen as more than just price feeds or something like that.That’s just more of an image thing and then the other thing like for the people who wanted like a price feed or we had a probably three or four people who wanted an RNG number and basically they just wanted to subscribe to an RNG feed and listen for it like that. That’s like how they were expecting it to work. Like you would use it like Block.Timestamp or something like that. And maybe we could kick it off and just do that . I don’t know… 

Mike:… Is that hard to do? 

  

Nick: I mean you could but it’ s always a question of like you know: If you want an R if we’re pushing it every 30 minutes, which we’re doing now and the person wants it every five minutes they’re obviously going to have an issue.  

  

Lauren: So could they go and tip it? 

  

Nick: They could go and tip it. And most people didn’t really get the tipping thing you know. As far as like I think that’s something that’s a little bit different, because like the way that they understand it like with the way that it works like more with the way that it works like more with chain link is like basically you just ask the team. The team puts it up or you like you know query for an API and then it comes back like there is no tipping. Like same with you know like that’s what I'm hoping we can get to with the docs with Lauren’s API thing so like we can start testing that soon. As far as like you just put in an API run this function and then it gets thrown in your contract and you’re done. It’ s like s really bad model from a security sand point, like we wouldn’t want anyone ever using that on maintenance, but that’s like what people are expecting in a Hackathon. So… Like how we talk to them about it I don’t know. And then I think we had… Yeah, so those were some of the main issues I would say. With getting people started did you guys see any other ones? Ryan or who ever else was in the channels? 

  

Ryan: So no one had an issue with the whole integrating the solidity side that workflow was good. That you described in the beginning of the call? 

  

Nick: I don’t…I mean we didn’t get anybody to reach out that had any issues we didn’t get anybody to reach out that had any issues you know. Like of the people that used us I don’t think anybody asked us to simply … 

  

Mike: It seems like all the friction is like the thought process before they even get to that like : “Do we? What do we offer?”. You know… 

  

Nick: Yeah! And then and then like afterwards it’s like well : “How do we keep it tipped and funded and going?”. But I mean for a Hackathon like I think the other piece too for testing you know. We should just be pushing people to the playground for testing like submit you know like this isn’t a you know if you’re testing it yourself like just submit it yourself and how to make that easier. I think it’s something that we can do in the docs better. Yeah… Because like most people were like: “Okay, guys I haven’t integrated my Solidity contract. Can you guys start pushing values for this?”. So then I can read them and it’s like: “No you can’t!”. Like you know… Like we obviously can’t you know in the permissonless nature of it. Like it’s so much faster if they don’t have to wait on us or have us run it.And then same with like you know, we whenever we get the API piece up and running like we can have a listener that can query back APIs , but since we don’t want people doing that we’d rather just have them do it themselves in the best way for the docs. 

  

Mike:… So that’s, yeah better for us right but in terms of like what they’re expecting like: “Do you think it makes sense to have like a transition?”. 

  

Nick: Yeah! No, I mean we’re gonna have up like the API listener. That’s like we built that. (It) Just Lauren finished it. What ?! Last week or something like that or the week before so we’re gonna have that up or the next Hackathon, but I’ll just be , because that’s one of those pieces like they want to hit an API and get a query back like that’s a friction point that we we’ve hit before at Hackathons, but like we don’t really hit that in the real world for like users right. It’s more just like “How can I quickly get a price feed up and running?”. Like “Where’s a different workflow for sure ?”. You know as far as docs for actual users like what we have we hit. You know I think we still get a lot of questions, so you know I think we can do better as far as like still back to the “Can you do this data?”; “Are you up on this chain?”. You know the answer should be: Yes! Like you know, like we’re you can go on any chain/ you can go on any. You can get any data, so like that should be like the though we should somehow get to the point where we’re not answering that question. It should be like: “How do you do this?”. And then for those workflows, yeah I don’t know… Like what do we hit with integration? People that we talked to sometimes they just want like more custom solutions, You know like whether we’re talking Diva Morph, where you know some of those people like that they want it really custom. Yeah…  

  

Mike: And it’s hard to judge our process in the docs because we’ve established a white glove kind of service so like people just default to asking us: “What to do?”. It doesn’t mean they couldn’t have potentially done it on their own, had they had to. 

  

Nick: Right. Yeah! I mean I think we’re still kind of early as far as like the people trying to do it on their own. 

  

Mike: Yeah… 

  

Nick: Also if it’s most of the actual users have been relatively white glove if you will. 

  

Mike: Yeah… But the goal is to get to this… 

  

Nick: The goal is to get them to actually do it on their own. So… You know… But I think like most of the times like the people who would feel like they could do it on their own have like the really simple price feed needs like an Eat US Dollar or a Bitcoin US Dollar and like chain link has those feeds and you know that’s like the people who are the people who we’ve found like come to us almost for their white glove service or like the people like Diva or more Foyer or something  who are like “Chain link doesn’t do this”. 

  

Mike: Yeah… 

  

Nick: So they’re coming to us you know. Same with like you know even like when we talk to the tracer people like : “Why did they even entertain using us?”. “Why are they entertaining using us?” Versus just staying with Jane link and Shane Lee is just really stingy about getting up on new chains and launching new feeds, so they want to use us to be faster and better in that way. So like we’re like finding those pain points we’re not getting we’re still not at the point where like people are the only people that I'm saying are coming for like the Ethos Dollar fees. Are really easy ones are like the Liquidity Forks or you know like the people who have really decentralised pieces and I mean like the people we’re working on with the Liquity Forks I don’t think they’ve had any issues. 

  

Mike: So the question is like are we going to try to optimize to for the users that aren't really caring for us or are we going to like lean into like we saw these specific pain points really well like. 

Nick: Yeah well I think the docs should make it easy regardless and then you know like for the docs obviously you shouldn't call it a white glove service piece because just reach out to us you know and have in the docs like yeah make sure you reach out to us. 

Mike: My thoughts is that I think we could handle almost all of this with just completely refactoring this welcome page to being like this nice onboarding experience because right now when you come to the docks you get welcomed and then you're boom right into a white paper which doesn't do what doesn't do the job so if we almost we were talking about it yesterday we could switch the white paper back to a pdf make it really look beautiful and then just have the welcome page be like a really well thought out over overview of the system and then funnel people on the on the path where you can communicate to them where we are what we offer yeah I mean even if like in in there is like a quick chain any data yeah and then almost like maybe none of the other stuff really needs to be tweaked too much. 

Nick: Yeah, no I think working on the welcome page is going to be a big one so maybe you guys can take that I think yeah white paper and a pdf is going to be big because these are all super short anyway. 

Mike: And Will, you were talking about just making sure there's always like these in context like links to you know to help people like reach out to us directly or like are you feeling stuck right yep yeah for sure is this confusing just like. 

Nick: Yeah maybe just have it on the sidebar somewhere. 

Will: Right yeah have it have it ever present but then also too like if we realized that okay there's this particular step that you know people are getting confused on and it's not something that we can explain any more clearly than we're already doing it's just they it's going to require a little bit of education that they need to do to get up to speed then that would be like a spot where we would say do you want to talk to somebody about this like get in touch. 

Nick: Yeah and then I think also places with like um we can work on expanding like whether it's the blogs and the articles as well because like there's you can link to a deeper dive yeah links to deeper dives like you know like here's Tellor security like here's more like or you know like same with like you know we have up there like don't see your chain on this list like you can launch it on any chain, here's the how-to article yep or how to Tellor school video, like making sure we're leveraging like all the times that we're playing don't know solidity put it here. 

Will: Yeah like it'd be awesome if we did if we did want to include at even that like that level of don't know solidity yeah like here's our preferred guide. 

Nick: Right and then you can sort of show people some help I think those would be really good. 

Will: How far how far would you like to go with those being obviously incorporated into the docs wherever it's appropriate but because I've been working on this resource library that kind of has been taking our existing blog and video content sure it's not done with the context of the documentation but it is kind of a repository of help. 

Nick: You could always just add it in to the bottom I think the yeah it's going to be like a feel thing with the documentation because you want it simple enough that user who knows what he's doing for hackathon can come in and quickly find what he needs but then there's still information for people who don't. 

Mike: Like you don't if you're somebody who knows Solidity you don't want to have to scroll through how to use solidity 101 before you get. 

Will: Sure yeah it wouldn't be. 

Mike: But like you're not going to be turned off if it's just like a little button on the side that says hey do you not know Solidity. 

Nick: Yeah no I mean like for instance like I like I'm probably like as far as like a power user of solidity libraries and you know like I so for instance like I forked Tornado Cash and did their stuff like I eventually went and read their docs after everything was broken but like what I did first is I just straight up went to their GitHub and yeah I went into their Solidity contracts and tried to figure it out so you know like I think maybe also I think a lot of people are probably doing that so making sure like even in the the readmes and things like that like the dots link correctly and like the readme's all sound you know having you guys go over and be like does this even make sense where we would love to. 

Mike: And sometimes to read me I've noticed that reading these are almost like this separate ecosystem where like for sure the instructions are slightly different their wording is different like it should just be all directly connected. 

Nick: Yeah well and then like we have the issue like I know sometimes people will come and look at like you know like if you're trying to use Tellor and you go to Tellor flex or the Tellor x library like you are going to be so confused you know what I mean like because that's not it has nothing to do with query data nothing to do with how to read values from it like you'll see all these it's just very cryptic and it's not necessary um the easier way like if you can funnel them into just like the sample using Tellor contract okay now I get how this works and that's really easy so yeah like sending them to the right GitHub repos is like the more important part. 

Mike: Would it be helpful if you had like I know we have a lot of repos that aren't really used that much anymore but like the main pin ones at the top. 

Nick: Okay so I think we have like using Tellor we have the big ones pinned at the top. 

Mike: It's almost like a I don't know a list of repos in their descriptions and say hey go here if you need this start here. 

Nick: Yeah I mean we could so yeah like I was thinking about putting that in yeah so like we have here you know like we have like the various contracts that you can possibly interact with and some links um these are just apis but like these are the reference addresses here yeah so like maybe having up here like a description of master controller oracle governance treasury then like a link to the repositories so yeah I mean I just refactored this and added coven optimism today. Okay so if we're doing the white paper in a pdf we can ignore these ones yes. If we go to introduction this is where most people will start okay integrating Tellor oracle data into. 

Brenda: And that's actually where google takes you when you google how to implement Tellor which is really cool yeah that's good. 

Mike: And from our website we link directly to this and we link directly to requesting and paying for data yeah these top three. 

Nick: Okay so I mean we can probably get rid of the word Ethereum right off the bat um you know I don't know I was going to say we should take notes but we're I'm recording it so it's okay. 

Mike: Are you logged in? 

Nick: Yeah so, I don't know if somebody just wants to write some quick ones but you know like obviously so like we provide a helper contract using Tellor so using contracts and solidity this one so yeah this is good I mean this is how to do the setting up your constructor I mean like we said we haven't had too much issues actually with the solidity implementations. Ooh this one is I think this one might need updated because this this is like Tellor x I believe so somebody write that down so this should be we should right now we have the problem where some data is Tellor x and some functions are on Tellor Flex. We're moving to everything being Tellor flex so like I would basically just rewrite these as it's all Tellor Flex I mean we're not getting too many main net Ethereum requests anyway so you know like let's not waste time and have this up for a month for Tellor x um so this one can be some of these functions can change. Do we like this list of functions? I mean like I think we could probably just get rid of the notes and have it just be like function retrieve data you know like have it all be one block that you don't have to scroll down to see because I mean there's like eight functions here but it takes up half a page yeah you could just have them all be one lines like these are. 

Mike: Yeah your eyes are going right to the purple parts anyway what why have to? 

Nick: Because like retrieve data I mean that's self-explanatory isn't dispute self-explanatory like get new value count by query id self-explanatory like all these like it's not you don't need descriptions like so I think we can make that simpler. Yeah for function name or no. This is the available Tellor functions in using Tellor is what this is so yeah and then I think yeah and then we updated some of these for Tellor Flex so we'll just have to update that query ids. Yeah I mean this is where it goes to next but like how much of this is yeah if we go so yeah, I mean the query id piece is always the hard part as far as explaining it but you know this one this one works at the very top that doesn't really tell me sure and that's you know. 

Brenda: That would definitely make me very confused like why did I need to tip like I'm done like once I put this into my contract, I'm ready. 

Nick: Yeah so I mean once you put that into your contract then I think this would be much smaller and then we would have like well you would need to know like what query id do I use and then I think here this this is the part where we would want to I guess funnel you over to the query builder. 

Brenda: Or the top I think the overview should be like you implement this and then you have to do a table. 

Nick: Yeah steps it's implementing solidity get a query id for what you're actually doing um yes how to build your query id testing it yep testing it locally change the data what Tim: Pying for data. 

Nick: Yeah and then paying for data and that's like the steps that's like the workflow now everything um and then and then so it should just be nice and streamlined in that. 

Mike: I wonder if you could hot link in get book so it just jumps down to the section year. 

Nick: Yeah I mean testing contracts um yeah I mean this again we can make this much shorter and running tests you know this should link to so like we have sample tests in the sample using Tellor repo we need to just link there okay like just show people like this is a hard hat test like go fork this one and this this shows you how to use playground to do a test like you know showing them this is like no yeah just saying that sentence you just said with the link yep it's like just copy this test and this is how you tell her in your contract yeah and because I mean we have sample project down here but you know we can it should be like integrated the different pieces of it okay. And then we come into data feed ids so like we have query ids here yeah you know like should this link here should this just be here I don't know you know and then like why this is like a really short page yeah this should probably all just be one. Because I mean we have create a new query type yeah, this one need help for sure yeah, I mean this is all sort of it's the opposite yeah so, the app I linked to the app. 

Ryan: That link itself needs to be updated. 

Nick: Yeah so we can we can update this as far as just reading through this like I think even like this is confusing like this doesn't make any sense because like I mean you're implementing it in solidity so like when you implement it in solidity then basically all you need to know is okay well what is my query id when it pops out so that I can tip it and then that would be like where you link to the query builder we should explain how that actually works so like we're just all we're doing is encoding the hex which we kind of do down here and we give you the query data and the query id and that should be like how it works and then we have like we can probably chop this up as far as just have this piece you know that's the actual Solidity code everything else is fluff. Yeah, and then just clean obviously clean this up don't even know what those are and then legacy data feeds we can just delete these yep just delete this make this one page so okay requesting. And then it should push you over to requesting paying for data this is one of those things where we can have we can definitely make these cleaner these solidity functions are but we should just have like it should be I guess written in a simpler so there's two pieces so there's funding or one-time requests and then funding a recurring data feed those should be at the top and then probably like link you down there like yep which one do you want to do what are you trying to set up you have to tip with trb explaining like how it works like yep you're putting a bounty up for whoever puts that data up next gets it and making sure they understand that. That's how it works. It's not a guarantee that it's going to be put up it's just. 

Mike: Describing tips is abounding I think we'll click for people. 

Nick: It's a good one so yeah, this one and then or something yeah and then I think if we just make this like function tip like this should be one line yeah and then it'll be a really short yeah sweet thing with an explanation on top and then linking them to the fun to feed so yeah, we don't even have a link to fun to feed up here so or do we no yeah no so add a link there okay. 

Brenda: This is where it gets confusing because if you go through the process of what is why you do on mainnet versus what you do for testing it's different yeah so that needs to be sort of clear. 

Nick: And like if you're doing requesting, I'm paying yeah especially even on requesting paying for data like say like are you just testing are you sure you don't just want to use the playground yeah you because you can just submit it yourself just yeah trying to go live like now, you're in the right place let's get to tipping um all right we'll stop any other thoughts guys before I feel like I'm talking a lot. It's going good stuff yeah it's just like that creating a new using data or what is it like that. 

Mike: Tim your signal's bad. 

Tim: Sorry it seems like a lot of users are asking how do I get my special type of data. It seems like that special type of data. 

Nick: Yeah I mean I think that's like in data feed that's what we need to go in so there's like implementing your solidity but then it's like we need to talk about like what are you trying to do here you know like is Tellor can do any type of data structuring your really custom data yeah may require extra like. 

Mike: Even titling this page data feed ids doesn't tell the user anything if it was just like need something custom. 

Nick: Yeah I mean we should call query ids if anything yeah because that's how we call it yeah I'm being consistent with those okay and then the playground I mean we had up here we had testing down here which uses which we're going to have using the playground but then we have Tellor playground down here so I mean basically this is just like a description of the available functions which we can make shorter again yeah I mean this is like how to use it's back to using Tellor and then how to set a value in the playground you know this can probably this can probably all just be in this straight up the introduction straight up integration piece because it seems like all these like these functions um you know like why are you looking at Tellor playground values like I don't know or functions here like you would probably just if you fork the test like you'll see all these functions so yeah we can think about just you can probably just merge all this in I think having some things here as far as this definitely needs rewritten and probably you know it talks about mainnet versus Rinkeby so we're not the TellorX repository yeah like this can this can definitely be rewritten and probably just deleting. Yeah like why should you use the playground it's like are you just testing yes are you test are the reason the only reason you should not use playground is like are you getting ready to go live yeah and want to make sure that actual reporters are supporting your data. 

Mike: And we can establish that right out the gate in the main welcome page. 

Nick: If that's not the case use the playground because it's going to be simpler you're going to save yourself some headaches. Using Tellor I mean this is like a more deep dive into the npm package I think this is something Tim maybe you can expand on or I can like parsing the values once you get them back so there's this way we can give like two or three different ways to parse uint values versus custom api decoding um this one like you know this is you oh so this is using Tellor but it's not the npm I using Tellor so like how do you oh that's confusing it's super confusing yeah this is like monitoring and disputing that's something that you're going to this is literally using Tellor yeah like if you're actually once this is a verb yeah as you should call like once you're live or you know like or even just monitoring your Tellor application something like that. Automating a job this is still pointing people to biddlehub it's so old oh dear yeah so we got to get in that yeah so I mean this full example like why we have like a full example in like every single page I think and just make it a lot shorter and merge a lot of these to make it simpler. Okay contracts oh so this is actually where we described them that's good we should have links to the repo to the repos yeah well. 

Brenda: That's just that's contracts now we have repo are we before governance. 

Nick: Yeah I mean no we need to go back and change these and obviously I would just start changing these for telly 360. so don't worry about treasury like just start changing it for what it's going to be reference addresses I actually like this page I think it looks pretty so you know maybe we can just put links here back to the contracts or something or at the top say like don't know what these are like links right here or even have them all in the same I don't know um variable hashes I don't know if we even need this up here I mean I guess we do like I've used it so it's cool yeah but I think we can go through you know I guess it doesn't hurt to keep them all up here even if not just does. 

Mike: It doesn't tell me why what this is why it's useful to me yeah like we you know inherently what it does and how to use it but if you just include it yeah, I mean like why is this here, I guess. 

Nick: I guess we could probably just delete this it's in the where else would you find it it's in the repost no but that's like but that's what I mean like what are you actually reading though you know like which one this one is deprecated well they can check that you can check that yeah but I mean you know deprecated maintenance deprecated on the main function yeah because these are all in governance now oh wow these are in governance this one's this one's live this one's good these ones some of them already been there yeah so the ones yeah so we'll have to go through yeah it'll be a lot shorter yeah I know it'll be like five so perfect apis we can update these whenever we do this was like perhaps one of the apis posted somewhere. 

Brenda: Oh, and things are helpful. 

Nick: Yeah, okay so that's good reporter section needs probably the most work. 

Mike: I wish Spuddy was here really helpful yeah, I mean maybe we can just do that a different day yeah because Spuddy and Owen aren't here that's a good idea and then you can give it specific attention yeah. 

Nick: I mean we we've done it a while ago I know like setting up new chains still has a link to my article it's like yeah, I mean like I wrote the reporters section because it was like still on Krasi's last month so like I wrote it like from a Solidity user's perspective so that's why like we need to get one and it's funny to do it for sure token holder sections should we just delete these. 

Mike: Yeah, because this is we're not this is like when we were trying to be a DAO and now we're moving more protocols. 

Nick: Yeah, I mean and then disputing a monitoring up here that can have dispute stuff there. Security we can leave this up you know maybe somebody else can look at it make sure it still reads good but if you see a bug how do you get in contact with us and it's always good yeah I haven't thought Tellor.io here. 

Mike: What about with a security set where what a section where I know in the integrations process there is usually some conversation about best practices should we include something like that in the docs where like we can sort of preach to them the proper way to use an oracle and consideration security considerations. 

Nick: For sure too yeah we can link to that like but maybe like. 

Mike: A really short version of it. 

Nick: Yeah I mean I would even have like you could even add up in the integration like at the end like in like using Tellor like best practices for using an oracle yes like things to keep in mind that would actually be really good okay so cool. All right guys that was fun um any other sections that need to be added? 

Brenda: Should it be in using Tellor or that legacy burn on what is it the best practices for using an oracle should that be there or should that be like for the data things. 

Nick: No, I mean, it I would put in using Tellor just in general and then because I mean it has like obviously implications over all of it yeah it's. 

Mike: Like if anybody if there was a button that said getting ready to go live on mainnet we send them to using Tellor and this is where you want to introduce those thoughts about. 

Nick: Yeah and I mean I would even put like it in there like best practices and like it's like have an audit like want somebody to review your smart contract integrating Tellor we'll do it ourselves reach out yeah like something like that just yeah just the oracle aspect of it but yeah. 

Mike: Tat's cool people will like that for sure so all right who wants to take the first step at it the biz devs or. 

Mike: We could take a stab at the I'm wondering if it makes more yeah we'll take a stab at the welcome page and we're going to establish. 

Nick: Yeah and then let me know whenever you want us to take over but yeah maybe you guys can have it for a week or two and then we'll switch I can imagine though like as the changes are made to the meat and potatoes sections that then there might there might be things that break for sure how we do the welcome so we'll have to just see I mean this is the docs are sort of forever going to be changing you know as we get a just more user feedback where are you hitting you know problems and then also as we get a lot more content. 

Mike: Oh I wanted to add on this note uh and Will you could describe like the technical hurdle around it we need to integrate google analytics into the docs that way we can actually see how people are using it seeing if anybody's using it and it's just a there's a technical integration to do that we couldn't do um but I think it'd be super helpful to collect some data around where do people get stuck in the docs because you could follow their flow like where they click how many seconds are they on this page before they click off. Yeah and it it's not like a huge lift it's just something that I think it has to do with yeah I Will are you are you going. 

Nick: He's gone never mind but it's recorded so you can send this yeah so anyway yeah we can call it anything else guys nice long recorded call. Yeah I'll send it over to you guys. 

How do you rate this article?

1



Tellor
Tellor

In this blog I will post transcriptions of videos made by the Tellor team.

Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!

20% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.