Uniswap (UNI)

644 Articles 55,798 Followers

UNI is the governance token behind Uniswap - a decentralized exchange that launched in November 2018. It created by Hayden Adams after being inspired by a post from Vitalik Buterin (Ethereum co-founder) suggesting for developers to create this kind of platform. 

The Uniswap Protocol, built on top of the Ethereum blockchain, allows users to easily swap between any ERC-20 token in a completely decentralized manner. This means that users have the option to easily trade Ethereum-based tokens directly from their own personal wallets without the need to give up custody of their funds throughout the entire process.

It can be described as an Automated Market Maker as it allows users to provide liquidity to the pools on Uniswap in order to allow the trades to be facilitated. As a result, the Liquidity Providers can gain commissions from the exchange fees when trades are conducted on their pools. Currently, the exchange fee is set to 0.4% per trade which is distributed amongst the liquidity providers. 

The protocol consists of two smart contracts on top of the Ethereum blockchain, the Factory contract, and the Exchange contract, that are both totally open-source - meaning anybody can take a look at the code and conduct their own review of it to make sure there are no bugs or ‘backdoors’. 

The UNI token, the governance token for the Uniswap Exchange, was air-dropped to users on September 17th, 2020. It was distributed to traders that had used the Uniswap exchange before September 2020 in batches of 400 UNI tokens without any announcement. 

One billion UNI were minted, 60% of which were distributed to Uniswap users. 21.51% was allocated for team members and future employees, 17.8% to investors, and the remaining 0.069% was allocated to advisors.

In this tag, you can discover UNI (UNI) news, price prediction, opinion, and analysis created by users.


LINK, FTM and Uniswap | Chart Analysis | Altcoins Breaking Supports | 20 FEB

20 Feb 2022 1 minute read 4 comments Joao16

For more content like this tip me if you can! thank u :)   LINK Analysis Link reject for the 3rd time and is testing a lower support (15$) and then depending on how btc will react Link will follow. Link will probably in my opinion break the 15$ suppo...

LINK, DOT and Uniswap | Chart Analysis | BEARISH | 13 FEB

13 Feb 2022 1 minute read 7 comments Joao16

For more content like this tip me if you can! thank u :)   LINK Analysis Link reject 19$ and EMA56 and is probably going to test lower supports like 15$ or 13$ maybe 10$ and then depending on how btc will react when it gets to 30k Link will kinda do...

Why You Should Start Investing in $PUSSY Now

12 Feb 2022 1 minute read 2 comments amberbyers

Meme coins are the future. At least that's what I believe. I know Doge is the most famous of the meme coins, followed fairly closely by SHIB (at least in social media presence) but both of those are dog-themed coins, and like I said in my previous ar...

Viper.exchange and Harmony blockchain - video of Token Swap from ROY to ONE

7 Feb 2022 1 minute read 0 comments Cryptotexty

Some of my readers might have seen Cryptoroyale game review which I published recently. I continue to research different projects, and for these purposes, I played that game. It took me some time to earn 20 ROY tokens. In the video I withdrew directl...

JPMorgan Chase CLOSES Uniswap Founders Bank Account WITHOUT Notice!

26 Jan 2022 3 minute read 5 comments Cje95

Last Sunday Uniswap Founder Hayden Adams tweeted out to the world something that was pretty shocking and equally concerning. His personal bank accounts at JPMorgan Chase were closed without any prior warning. Now I will say that if a bank is independ...

🌊 What’s The Best Way to Provide Liquidity in Uniswap V3?

17 Jan 2022 4 minute read 3 comments Stuart Hollinger

Providing value into different currencies and then placing those currencies into a liquidity pool for users to trade and swap with has become quite mainstream… https://dune.xyz/carrawu/uniswap-analytics And I don’t think it’s going to be...

SUSHI: A Bentobox of DeFi Applications with a Controversial Launch

14 Jan 2022 5 minute read 3 comments 2sats

*obligatory not financial advice*   What is Sushiswap? Sushiswap started as a fork of the Uniswap DEX. The only difference was that it had its own token before Uniswap did and this governance token let its holders earn a part of the trading fees. The...

Working and Investing in DAO explained. How to earn from DAO and opportunities in DAO.

14 Jan 2022 3 minute read 0 comments cybercrypto

DAO has been slowly growing in the market but still, it hasn't reached its full potential. Also, it didn't boom like NFT' had. People still understand it and slowly it's reaching the audience.   DAO explanation DAO stands for Decentralised Autonomou...

Uniswap UNI: The Decentralized Exchange and its Automated Market Maker

12 Jan 2022 4 minute read 1 comment 2sats

*obligatory not financial advice*   What is Uniswap? Uniswap was one of the first few decentralized exchanges on the Ethereum blockchain. It doesn't use an order-book system to match buy and sell orders but instead uses provided liquidity to offer in...

Only Unicorns have what it takes to play in Uniswap land

2 Jan 2022 3 minute read 4 comments JonathanStanley

There's a 97.3% chance that providing liquidity on Uniswap would cause you lose money.  Here's why: If we take the estimated 11M Ethereum addresses with balances > 0.01 ETH and compare it to the 290k with balances over 10.0 ETH, we see that only 2.7%...