On August 29, DeFi yield aggregator yEarn launched a new delegated vault for decentralized funding called yDAO.
- The yDAO vaults will let users fund the vaults with YFI token, which can be utilized by applicants for a variety of needs, such as product development
- In addition to yEarn's vaults, the solution is also based on yEarn.Finance's governance model and Aave's credit delegation
- Applicants will have to set up a Gitcoin grants page and announce the proposal on the yEarn forums
- If the proposal is approved, a credit line will be established on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis that the applicant can draw from; credit lines can also be increased depending on applicant performance
- Profits from providing YFI to the vault will be shared between Liquidity Providers in proportion to the amount contributed
- Benefits of the yDAO funding vault include a more flexible funding process and a reliable and steady stream of funds for applicants